Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BMT Moonclip loaders

RevolverJockey

Does anyone have contact info to get ahold of who makes these or a place to order them? I don't want to buy one off here, but they are not in the usual places - Brownells Midway etc. I have seen one, but don't know what calibers they make etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

I believe it is "Better Mouse Trap" it is a polymer, maybe Delrin loader. It has a tray to hold the rounds, and magnets to hold the clip. Think of it like one of those LULA tools for 10-22 mags. You load the channel and turn the knob and gravity feeds the rounds into the clip. It uses pressure against the periphery of the main body to load the rounds. On the reverse side, there is a angled spur that strips the clips in a similar fashion. I have seen one in 45, I can only assume they come in other calibers. I would say you could strip a clip and reload it from loose rounds in 6 seconds, maybe faster. I know someone who has one. I may be able to squeeze some info out of him and post a video with his or mine if I can order one in 10mm.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

I'm one of the guys walking around selling them at IRC, if you need any information just send me a pm. I don't want to violate any rules here or step on any toes.

They are avail. for most any moonclip setup, the 38 special and supers work the best (they are a different setup than the 40's and 45's). They all work great though. I was put up to trying one out for the moonclip challenge for the 45's at the IRC and was faster doing it with the normal super de-mooner and fingers but it's way easier on the hands and not alot slower to use the BMT tools especially when you load a ton of moons at a time or reload them in between stages.

Thanks--

Bruce Schmidt

I talked to these guys finally. Ordered a loader in 10mm. You can tell they are starting out still, but they are really nice to deal with and I think they are really onto something. When mine arrives I will put up a youtube video and get it linked in here with contact info.

I also found out the rimless and rimmed case loaders are different. just as fast, but uses a different type of leveraging system.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

I talked to these guys finally. Ordered a loader in 10mm. You can tell they are starting out still, but they are really nice to deal with and I think they are really onto something. When mine arrives I will put up a youtube video and get it linked in here with contact info.

I also found out the rimless and rimmed case loaders are different. just as fast, but uses a different type of leveraging system.

Lee

After your description and another post I realized that these are the ones that I got to mess with at the IRC. It seemed pretty cool. My wife demooned a bunch of clips with one in no time.

-ld

Lee

After your description and another post I realized that these are the ones that I got to mess with at the IRC. It seemed pretty cool. My wife demooned a bunch of clips with one in no time.

-ld

Did you have a chance to load up any?

Lee

Lee

-ld

Did you have a chance to load up any?

Lee

Yes but it has been some time since then and I am not sure which calibers. I am pretty sure I tried a 627 moon in .38. It worked really well. It did seem to be made of delrin and I am not certain of the durability of that material but I doubt there would be much wear on the delrin.

-ld

I had them for folks to try at the IRC, “Far and Near” stage. I have been using one since them and have not seen any wear, mine is for a 8 shot. My daughter, 12 years old also uses it, and she has no problem. We load up 30+ moons the night before a match, and it only takes a few minutes. Be sure to let them know what make of moons you have so they can cut the delrin for it.

Howard

As promised, here is a short demo of the BMT mooning/demooning tool. The video quality is pretty low, didn't realize till I was done making the it so I will be making one sooner that is a little more clear.

Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrZeu58ZBCs

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've played with their side ways mount on the revos and it's a great way to get the dot lower over the bore. The nice thing is that they're solid once they're mounted, they lint feel flimsy at all.

Whatever you do ... don't get the ones that look like the one above. This is not meant as critique of the one specifically, but the style... what a pain in the...

The bad thing about a mandatory post count for the classifides is you get folks posting demooners in a 1+ year old thread about mooners....

I hadn't seen their page yet. Interesting idea with the 90 degree mount for a C-more slide ride. I have been wanting to try a dot on my 617 for steel challenge and I have a spare C-more laying around. Has anyone tried this product?

It does look interesting, if you already have a C-More. I had a C-More on my 617 but I much prefer the Leupold DeltaPoint on an Allchin mount:

post-22361-0-93831900-1322018579_thumb.j

post-22361-0-27580600-1322018596_thumb.j

post-22361-0-74783400-1322018607_thumb.j