Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 - What are you shooting?

ntphd

I've only been shooting for a short time, and have only been participating in USPSA events for about a year. I have a Springfield XD-40. Because of the limited mag capacity (12 w/o extended base pads), Lim 10 seemed like the natural choice.

In my area, however, Lim 10 isn't heavily populated. I'm interested to hear what others are shooting in this division. What works. What doesn't work so well. Et cetera. If you are using a 1911, I'd also like to hear what magazines you like best.

I'm currently shooting an EEA/Tanfoglio Witness Match in .40. I installed (read JB Weld'ed) a Canyon Creek magwell to it.

The year before, I was just running my CZ-75B that I used to shoot in Production. Just a stock production gun. I started with hammer cocked and safety on. Since it was 9mm, I was shooting Minor.

Glock 24, Blade-Tec holster, CR Speed belt with versa mag pouches. I am pretty competitive with this setup, Lim 10 is not the most popular division for sure but coming from Production it's a great fit. I have trouble counting past 10 anyways.

Havent shot a match with my new rig yet but Im gonna be shooting a Springfield loaded .45 with Dawson Ice magwell, Wilson mags(fingers crossed they run), Bladetech DOH and Bobby McGee mag pouches. It rocks and rolls with my reloads but waiting on 10 rd mags to come in to test...

Colt 1911 "Frankenstein parts gun" in .40 S&W with Tripp 10 rd 10mm mags in a Safariland 012 holster and 771 pouches. Also using their new belt, like it so far but the parts are expensive.

I started in l-10 with a full length rail springfield TRP operator. .45 got too expensive so I went production for a few years, then built a .40 limited gun (sti built to be a light 5" gun). I'm using it for l-10 because I like the extra strategy required when breaking down a stage for 10 round mags. 

Switch between an STI .40 loaded down to an old 1911 in .45acp. Not much difference between the two as for speed. The STI is easier to get good, smooth reloads with, but won't lock back. The .45 seems to track a bit smoother and locks back.

Will be using the .45 at the Area III in L10.

I have an older STI 2011 (actually one of the first frames when they had CMC inserts on the grips and were stamped Tripp Research on the bottom) in 45 ACP that I am going to try in Limited 10. Since it's 45 ACP it doesn't hold enough rounds to be competitive in Limited but should be great in Limited 10.

It was built by Steve Nastoff back when he was still building guns.

Phil G

My bad ass 6" Cameron's Custom 40 Limited gun. People say its unfair to shoot a full blown limited gun in L-10, but I prefer L-10 to Limited because I prefer reloading and believe it makes me a better shooter shooting 10 rounds than 19-21. Makes me think about my shots as I may only have a round or two extra per array.

I am currently using a Glock 35, that is also my limited gun, set up with Dawson f/o front and fully adjustable targer rear, competition mag release and mag well (will be getting a Dawson Ice mag well soon) and running Dawson extended base pads for the mags. I can also use my Glock 22 (back up limited gun, same set up but with out a mag well at the moment) or my Glock 21 which is pretty much stock. It is good to have choices. :D

I've only been shooting for a short time, and have only been participating in USPSA events for about a year. I have a Springfield XD-40. Because of the limited mag capacity (12 w/o extended base pads), Lim 10 seemed like the natural choice.

In my area, however, Lim 10 isn't heavily populated. I'm interested to hear what others are shooting in this division. What works. What doesn't work so well. Et cetera. If you are using a 1911, I'd also like to hear what magazines you like best.

XDM 40 here!

Light loads for Production, major loads for Limited and Limited 10

I have a choice of 3.

stainless Taurus PT1911 w Wilson 10 rnd mags

Tanfoglio Witness Match in 40 S&W - loaded w/ goodies

XDM 40 - again loaded w/ goodies

I use an open holster for the Tanfo and BlackHawk's for the others.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - Me