Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder Setup

I've just purchased a bullet feeder and found the instructions from Lee very lacking, especially when it comes to pictures. In particular, I wish the instructions included pictures that showed the entire press with the feeder installed. Dave (Reshoot) seems to have his setup functioning really well; maybe he would chime in here and post up some pictures of his finished setup!

You don't indicate which bullets you will be using the bullet feeder for but the Lee Bullet Feeder doesn't have a good reputation especially with heavier bullets like .40 and above. Check out Leeloadmastervideos.com for videos detailing the setup of the bullet feeder.

You don't indicate which bullets you will be using the bullet feeder for but the Lee Bullet Feeder doesn't have a good reputation especially with heavier bullets like .40 and above. Check out Leeloadmastervideos.com for videos detailing the setup of the bullet feeder.

Now see, that is how rumors get started, V! Just tell us how YOUR Lee bullet feeder is working for YOU.

I loaded 350 rounds of 40 caliber (180 grain FMJ) last Friday night. The bullet feeder failed to grab a bullet 3 times.

Dave

I had pretty good luck using the bullet feeder with 9mm but very poor results with .40 Now for the caveat, I found that it really worked best if I disengaged the automatic feeder and just moved the feeder by hand. Of course, you might say that defeats the purpose, but it really doesn't. I found that it actually gave me a higher throughput because I didn't have to deal with problems with the feeder hanging up.

The Lee Pro is really quite ingenious but I found that it was a bit fussy. That said, I still wish I could take the case feeder off and attach it to my Dillon 550, that thing was so simple but worked so well.

I've just purchased a bullet feeder and found the instructions from Lee very lacking, especially when it comes to pictures. In particular, I wish the instructions included pictures that showed the entire press with the feeder installed. Dave (Reshoot) seems to have his setup functioning really well; maybe he would chime in here and post up some pictures of his finished setup!

Here are some images I snapped real quick, Buzz. Hope they help!

Dave

post-23750-128026403549_thumb.jpg

post-23750-128026405347_thumb.jpg

post-23750-128026408116_thumb.jpg

post-23750-12802640983_thumb.jpg

post-23750-128026412152_thumb.jpg

post-23750-128026414552_thumb.jpg

Here are some images I snapped real quick, Buzz. Hope they help!

Dave

Dave,

They're just what I needed. I'm beginning to think that the 'buffer' nut (on the top end of the action rod) is in the wrong position as when I try to position it in the mounting plate and the hole in the arm, the whole thing is canted. I guess adjustments are in order. Thanks alot for the pics! I'll be checking out the videos too.

• 3 weeks later...

One other question for Dave or anyone else in the know. Has there been any problem with the bullet feeder getting in the way of the primer tray? I was setting up to load (with un-primed brass) and just discovered that my primer tray (.45 ACP) isn't fitting into the chute because of the feeder.

Edit: Nevermind...

Edited by Buzzmeister

Real tight fit, between the left rear post and the primer tray, eh. In fact, the linkage on my bullet feeder sometimes rubs on the primer tray.

Dave

Yeah, right after I posted that, I played around with the angles and quickly realized it was a stoopid question to ask. Hence, the edit!