Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Limited 9mm: OAL 1.05.

I purchased some Dardas cast bullets in 9mm 124 gr. (picture attached). I have to load them down to an OAL of 1.05 in order for them to feed and not get jammed up in the barrel. Does this

OAL sound to short. I have not shot them yet because I was a little nervous about the pressure. If I make the OAL any longer the bullet will get stuck in the barrel. It seems like the barrel grooves start much sooner than I expected. Anyone else experienced this? If I need to explain anymore let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

I purchased some Dardas cast bullets in 9mm 124 gr. (picture attached). I have to load them down to an OAL of 1.05 in order for them to feed and not get jammed up in the barrel. Does this

OAL sound to short. I have not shot them yet because I was a little nervous about the pressure. If I make the OAL any longer the bullet will get stuck in the barrel. It seems like the barrel grooves start much sooner than I expected. Anyone else experienced this? If I need to explain anymore let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

If you are worried about pressure, start low on charge and chrono and work your way up. I used to run some 125JHP Zeroes with 4.1 of N320 same length with no problems.

Leo

You didn't mention which powder you're using,

or how much of it you're using.

If you're loading with standard powders, at

low rates, you should be fine (not compressing

the powder) - but if you're using bulky powders

or going "max" with the powder, you could get

into some trouble very quickly, I think.

Jack