Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KIMBER 10mm to .40 S&W?

tracker

I am in the same boat, I have a Kimber Stainless Target II in 10mm that Im thinking of converting to .40. I called Kimber and they said all I would need is a new barrel and bushing. I called Storm Lake and they said their .40 barrel and bushing should fit the Kimber with little or no fitting required. Just thought I'd pass this along since I spent the time researching it.

Matt

Edit to add: Kimber said that most of the time no new mags are needed, just use the 10mm mags.

Edited by Mattog22

Hello: I had an older Kimber Eclipse in 10mm that I installed a 40 Schuemann barrel and also a Schuemann 9mm barrel. It ran great with just changing out the mags and slide stop. I never did shoot it with the 10mm barrel. Thanks, Eric

If you reload, you might try seating the bullets long in .40 cases and running them in the 10mm bbl. I do this regularly in a Kimber 38 super with 9mm loaded out to super length. I have to case pro the 9mm brass since it's tapered, but you wouldn't have that problem.I know, it doesn't headspace on the case mouth but it's one of the most accurate pistols I own.

Early this year I purchased a custom Caspian 10mm single-stack built by Wayne Bergquist at Glades Gunworks (which I snagged at a heavily discounted price, I'm sure because of the oddball 10mm chambering). I ran a few .40 S&W rounds through it. They functioned, as I expected, but I saw very noticeable signs of excessive headspace. So I installed a Kart EZ-Fit .40 barrel and bushing, and now everything is working great and it's a pretty sweet shooter.