Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

COL in 9mm

Wanted

I havn't been doing much loading (or shooting lately) I have some 115gr lrn that I've shot in my Glock. They are a COl of 1.140 work fine. When I tried them in my P-38 they jammed. Tking the gun apart and looking I found they were not seating all the way in the chamber. So I made a few dummy rounds at 1.068. They fit pretty well in the chamber. ( I don't have a case gauge for 9MM right now) So I have to start a new load work up. None of my manuals have a lot of lead data. But anyway, am I on the right track here?

Edited by Wanted

I havn't been doing much loading (or shooting lately) I have some 115gr lrn that I've shot in my Glock. They are a COl of 1.140 work fine. When I tried them in my P-38 they jammed. Tking the gun apart and looking I found they were not seating all the way in the chamber. So I made a few dummy rounds at 1.068. They fit pretty well in the chamber. ( I don't have a case gauge for 9MM right now) So I have to start a new load work up. None of my manuals have a lot of lead data. But anyway, am I on the right track here?

I don't like that OAL.... that's a bit short.

I adjusted my dies. To 1.101, The cartridge seems to stick out pretty far. Anyone load for a Walther P-38 ? These are missouri bullets. Tomorrow I'll make a few and cycle them. (dummy rounds)

Edited by Wanted

Check the bullet diameter of the Missouri bullets. P-38s were made for jacketed bullets at .356 your lead may be .358 and is too fat for the chamber.

I have shot jacketed at 1.16 in a p-38 without any drama.

I adjusted my dies. To 1.101, The cartridge seems to stick out pretty far. Anyone load for a Walther P-38 ? These are missouri bullets. Tomorrow I'll make a few and cycle them. (dummy rounds)