Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF Division Questions

dagger10k

Thanks Flex, I'll give that a try. I've gotten so accustom to the way the gun acts I guess I'll have to change now :P

... the gun cycles no problem I just don't like the way the front sight acts with the factory spring.

Whenever the sights aren't doing what I like, I normally need to give it a little more grip with the off hand and make sure I have my wrist full cammed into lock-down.

One more quick question. If I take the top end from my G34 with factor parts, can I put it on the frame of my stock G17 to make it a stock division legal G34? It would be A g34, just with different serial numbers on the slide and frame. I'm asking because it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to afford new sights for the G17 before the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent in my registration. I guess G34 and G35 are off limites for stock division. I don't have any idea why since you can use the extended mag release, extended slide release, and 4# connector in a G17 that is stock legal. They must get complaints about that extra 3/8" of barrel giving an unfair advantage to us gamers.

Well, yeah. GSSF is a very accuracy intensive sport. When you figure in the extra sight radius (it's closer to 7/8" by the way 4.49 vs. 5.32) and the stock - connector, it's resaonable to say that they are Competition class guns. That's why there is a Competition class, specifically for those guns, along with other ultra competetive guns like the G23C, to compete.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, yeah. GSSF is a very accuracy intensive sport. When you figure in the extra sight radius (it's closer to 7/8" by the way 4.49 vs. 5.32) and the stock - connector, it's resaonable to say that they are Competition class guns. That's why there is a Competition class, specifically for those guns, along with other ultra competetive guns like the G23C, to compete.

That makes sense. I forgot that Glock made other competition models. I guess when you add up the long slides and the C models, there are plenty.

One more question: How many rounds would you recommend bringing per division?

It's possible to shoot about 110 per divison using all extra shots. (30 5 to Glock, 33 Glock M and 44 on Glock the Plates = 107). I normally bring/recommend about 150 per Division. That allows for a reshoot on a stage if necessary. If you've got a finicky gun, you can increase that number.