Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

top shot episode 7

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Denny should have volunteered to be eliminated.

And, Kelly did a great job of overcoming the mental anguish and performing well.

Great job Kelly!

Looks like no more team stuff next week.

Also looks like they will be throwing knives and shooting sling shots.

Can we say that the top shot will have to win at a game of Rock / Paper / Scissor?

Looks like no more team stuff next week.

Well for one thing the red team is running out of members.

Yes why did Denny NOT make it to the elimination challenge?

Edited by M118LR

I told my wife that Kelly ought to win the elimination challenge and then walk in to Pete and Denny and say, "Screw you two. I'm tanking the next two team challenges. Red Team IS going to elimination. And, yeah, you two will send me to elimination. But so will one of you. And you guys have been sucking. I'll beat one of you and then the other. Then all I have to worry about is the team that was never supposed to be working with me in the first place."

And I think he would have done it.

Denny- he crumbles under pressure. For a revolver shooter he can't shoot a revolver.

Then I learned that there were no more teams. I agree with Adam, Kelly needs to tell Denny, your outta here.

Because Kelly was the weakest link in the team, so that is why they voted him in. But wait, how many people has he sent home? That is right, a crap load of them. i am liking this kid more and more.

In the beginning I had hopes for Denny, after the first few seconds of seeing him try to shoot that revolver last week lamely off that table it was like learning there is no Easter Bunny. That was supposed to be his game or at least the one he was supposed to have the most experience in handling that type of weapon. Dissappointed big time I was. After this week I think he is a smooth talker with skills in shooting still to be discovered. I was glad to see Kelly pull off another win and think he's a quick learner with good skills. Not sure who will be the Topshot but I foresee a short future for Denny if the others have a choice in the matter.

Topstrap1

He'll shine in the challenge when they use blanks.

Not saying I could do what he does, I'd end up with a burnt leg and a compound fracture in about 5 seconds.

Knives and slingshots? Really? At least they finally shot a scattergun. Good to see Kelly keep coming through, what he lacks in tact he makes up for in skill.

Denny is a mounted CAS shooter, they shoot blanks and not the same as full or even Cowboy loads.

That is why he was flinching so bad at the arcade. :wacko:

Brad "should have practice more throwing" :roflol: "I'm a Grand Master shooter" :rolleyes:

Denny is a mounted CAS shooter, they shoot blanks and not the same as full or even Cowboy loads.

I thought they shot loads with corn meal and a wax plug in them to pop the balloons B)

That is why he was flinching so bad at the arcade. :wacko:

Brad "should have practice more throwing" :roflol: "I'm a Grand Master shooter" :rolleyes:

Yes no doubt. It looks to me that Kelly has learned the value of dry-fire. Rock on Kelly. :cheers:

Well Brad kept whining to the very end "I just didn't get a good throw", "I should have practiced that throw a little bit more huh?" I was waiting to hear 'But I'm an IPSC grandmaster I can't be eliminated!' :roflol::blink:

I can't believe Pete let Brad talk him out of the thrown can shot. He practiced what looked like hours on end dry firing at the balls. Not as good as live fire, but a whole lot more than anyone else.

I thought they shot loads with corn meal and a wax plug in them to pop the balloons B)

If memory serves me right they use a regular 45LC case with black powder and a wad. Knew a guy used to do the trick (fake) shooting and he said the flame from the black powder is what would bust the ballons. Thats the reason why you never see targets further than 15 feet away. No bullet means no recoil.

Even though they keep talking about his "lack of "verstility", I think everyone keeps picking on Kelly because they think he is the weak link due to his age and perceived overall mental inexperience (and because some of the older guys just don't like him). Its funny it keeps blowing up in their faces, as he eliminates shooter after shooter. I think he may be mentally tougher than many of the other shooters on the show (or at least his team).

If it was me, I'd start trying hard NOT to be pitted against Kelly. Although now it looks like with no Teams, the gloves may come off an we will finally start seeing JJ and Blake, etc, actually get to thrive a little bit (actual shoot offs? Thats going to leave a mark!)

Brad shot himself in the foot by voting for Kelly. If he had voted for Denny, I bet Kelly would have followed suit. I haven't seen the elimination challenge yet, but I'm guessing anyone left on the read team could beat Denny, no matter what they are shooting.

The red team seems to have no respect for Kelly, and it keeps bitting them in the ass. I wasn't rooting for Kelly in the beginning, but he deserves to still be in the competition. I am also glad to see them start shooting individually versus the team concept.

Sure Kelley said some dumb things, but from the get go, he has performed well. I am pretty sure I said some things at 22 I would not say now. Kelley may be the dark horse, but he has a good chance. The next show will show us a lot I think. Most of the whiners are gone now, Denny's days are probably numbered.

We had the Golden Bullet Nothern CA Section Championship this last weekend. All the locals were there and that includes Brad. A couple of very clever shooters wore a custom shirt to have fun with Brad. I almost fell over laughing. Brad was a good sport about it, he has even worn a Berreta "grip angle" shirt he made for Area 1.

post-14235-128015859706_thumb.jpg

We had the Golden Bullet Nothern CA Section Championship this last weekend. All the locals were there and that includes Brad. A couple of very clever shooters wore a custom shirt to have fun with Brad. I almost fell over laughing. Brad was a good sport about it, he has even worn a Berreta "grip angle" shirt he made for Area 1.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!! :roflol::roflol: