Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Snow blowers/throwers

• 3 months later...

Bought the Troy 24" Double Stage that GMan described a month+ ago - and it's getting a nice little workout now.

Great time to buy, Lowe's had them on sale for 15% off, and we got one of those 'moving' coupons that USPS sends you when you do the change of address.

For our property, it's the perfect size. Gets through the gates nicely, and can be moved easily without power.

We had a nice mini snow storm last week that left snow 'drifts' 2 feet deep in the driveway, went through them like butter.

Starts really easily.

Now, the only problem I have.. when I'm done, I park it in the garage, the snow melts and it froze the garage door to the floor. lol

Just once so far, but this morning it's -25 and I'm sure it did again.

And I am not missing California weather one bit!

11? Nice.. we're up to -13 right now. Redding/Anderson are definitely exceptions.. and you have the river. I'd be on the Trinity right now for Steelhead if I was still there..

The only crimp it's putting in my plans, is to pour/lay the asphalt pad for my drift boat! Too cold, they've closed the plant until spring.

11? Nice.. we're up to -13 right now. Redding/Anderson are definitely exceptions.. and you have the river. I'd be on the Trinity right now for Steelhead if I was still there..

The only crimp it's putting in my plans, is to pour/lay the asphalt pad for my drift boat! Too cold, they've closed the plant until spring.

Glad to hear it's working out!

Drift boat....Mmmmmm....drift boat. I do miss living in Montana :(

Actually Dave, We are up at my folks in Alturas. Most of them here have a large quad with a blade on them. We do use the shovel to clear off the walk to the car port. I don't know how the steelhead fishing is going, but they were busy at the Fly Shop last week :cheers:

By the way, the neighbor has a Case 580 backhoe that he is using to clear his driveway (2 miles) :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...
What about a 42in., 2-stage that goes on the front of the riding mower/tractor?

I have the older single stage blower on a 12 hp. Craftsman mower. On the plus side it blows like crazy. One snow storm the snow was higher then it intake and I still had no problem, Then I found the Sunday paper (about an inch and a half thick) under the snow and turned it into confette all over the front yard. I have no problem with power or that it is a single stage.

I do have some major problems with it and some minor ones too.

With the blade so far out in front, you can not turn well if at all. All turning is a matter of back and forth while cutting a turn.

The blower is heavy and my mower not so much, I need at least 100 pounds of weight behind the rear wheels to make it go and thats after adding tire chains and wheel weights.

My frame cracked after 15 years.

Doesn't handle the downhill slope of the apron very well.

You have to remove the mower deck in order to install the snow blower.

That's all I can think of right now.

George