Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Request For Pics Of Cool Targets

I want to make some cool new targets for our club and am looking for ideas. I have shot at a bunch of clubs that had unique targets and I kick myself for not taking pictures of the mechanisms and so forth. I am requesting that anyone who shoots at a club with an interesting or well built target take some digital pictures of them and send them to me. I will then devote a page on one of my websites to this so that people can share info for construction. I will also post the pictures in this post so that everyone can see. I think a website that had this info would be helpful for a lot of people.

Thanks

Keith

This thread and the links had some good ideas. I occasionally take pictures of cool targets, mechanisms and props I see at matches for my own reference, but I'm never sure about posting them in case the designer wants to try and sell them themselves. (see: any thread about Texas Star plans)

Shred,

I would say that with the exception of the texas star most people that sell targets were not likely the original inventor. I am just looking for cool modifications that others can use to help their clubs and have better matches. There is some cool stuff out there. I dont want to steal ideas for profit but this is a pretty public sport and someone would anyway.

• 10 months later...

Greetings.

I like this dedicated forum for targets. Thanks! ! !

I have pix and plans for targets on my web site. You may use the plans for free, but I do not want any of this material replicated on another site. If anyone needs to reference it, just use a link to the home page of my website below. In fact I'd suggest you post only stuff you have written permission to post.

Some of these targets are unique to me, some of them are simplifications of existing designs. Hope this helps someone. If so, please write me an email, and let me know what you have made, any improvement you have made, and send me some pix. It is the only joy I get for providing free plans. Thanks.

Over the holiday, I'm building a prototype of a drop turner, because my club wants some, a simplifiction of other designs. I'm also working on another design for a mover. We'll see how far I get, after doing the "honey do" stuff for the holiday Have a great holiday!

Ken Reed

"If you think your driving doesn't degrade while talking on the phone,

then your driving sucked to begin with."

=====

+-+ E-Mail freeidaho at yahoo dot com

|--\ Personal web site to display

|---| ideas http://www.geocities.com/freeidaho

/----\ My Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, IDPA club

|-----/\ http://www.parmarng.org

|#-----|

+------+