Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lighter springs for my Shadow

justaute

Hi All,

Thinking about changing the recoil and hammer springs to 11# and 13#, respectively, on my Shadow Target. I assume this change will further lighten my DA pull. Will there be any issues with factory ammos (e.g. S&B, Remington, etc.)?

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks. I already talked to Rob. I believe CZ-USA requested 14/16 for the Target. The Custom has 11/13.

If it is already a cz custom target I would not change those springs, they are probably already 11/13. Call and ask them.

Wanderer & eerw...thanks for the input.

Just one follow-up question regarding the recoil spring. So, the 13#/15# main spring makes sense. Say, when I switch from 13# to 15# main spring, should I change the recoil spring from 11# to something else? Given the stronger main spring, I'd assume the recoil spring would have to work harder. Right?

Ken,

I would just go ahead with getting a 11lb recoil and 13lb main. Your gun already has the next increment higher (14#recoil/15#main). So if for some reason they don't work out just swap it back. They 13# main spring is going to be the one that will decrease your DA pull and help the SA slightly. You already have a good DA for a broken in shadow target. Please share your trigger pull after the spring swap :D. I am still deciding if I should get an extended firing pin ($20 from czcustom) so I can go even lower than 13 lb on my main spring.

Daniel

Thanks, Daniel. That is definitely my plan. The extended firing pin is an interesting one. FWIW, I'm also looking into the polymer magwell used on the Tactical model; I wonder whether it will fit on the Shadow. CZ Custom is about to make some $$$ from me in that besides the typical back-up accessories, I also need to pickup 10-rd mags for IDPA.

Ken,

I would just go ahead with getting a 11lb recoil and 13lb main. Your gun already has the next increment higher (14#recoil/15#main). So if for some reason they don't work out just swap it back. They 13# main spring is going to be the one that will decrease your DA pull and help the SA slightly. You already have a good DA for a broken in shadow target. Please share your trigger pull after the spring swap :D. I am still deciding if I should get an extended firing pin ($20 from czcustom) so I can go even lower than 13 lb on my main spring.

Daniel

I did some research on making weight with the shadow here is the search is used: http://www.google.com/search?q=making+idpa+weight+with+Cz+sp01&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

It looks like you will need to change out your guide rod to the stock plastic one, use 10 round mags, and possibly change out the mag break to an aluminum version used in a CZ 75. That should get you pretty much there, if not you may have to try the

factory plastic grips or the .40 oz wood grips sold online.

yap...I have already done all those things, except the grips. I'm trying to find a domestic vendor that can provide the 0.4oz grips.

I did some research on making weight with the shadow here is the search is used: http://www.google.com/search?q=making+idpa+weight+with+Cz+sp01&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

It looks like you will need to change out your guide rod to the stock plastic one, use 10 round mags, and possibly change out the mag break to an aluminum version used in a CZ 75. That should get you pretty much there, if not you may have to try the

factory plastic grips or the .40 oz wood grips sold online.