Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speedy Internet

John Dunn

I moved out of town a few years ago, and the only thing I have been missing is fast internet. My workplace has fast connections and it spoiled me. Unfortunately the only way out in the sticks was dial up or satellite. Went with sat, but it was still pretty slow and would randomly cut out in high winds (which is about all the time in Wyoming).

They finally put up a tower where I can get wireless internet, it is faster, cheaper, and doesn't have the bandwidth limitations I had with the satellite. Life is good.

It is a small thing, but now I don't have to hesitate clicking on a photo thread because I dread the long download time.

Yep, one of the things I've enjoyed the most about moving to the City is a much faster internet connection.

But, the last week or so, I was about ready to buy a new computer.....mine was running really slow again. Thankfully, Jim Roth (my hero) told me to download Spybot and this thing is running like a new SV....smooth as snot :-) Happy again! Now I can buy more bullets instead of a new Apple :cheers: :cheers:

It makes a huge difference with Netflix movies. With the satellite it would give a super grainy/pixilated picture, and have to stop multiple times to buffer. Couldn't watch too many because the usage restrictions would kick in and they'd slow my service down to a crawl. Tried a movie today and it was much better picture quality and no buffer stops.

Jake, I may have fast internet, but I've watched your El Pres videos. It is I, sir, who hate you! :bow: