Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mags to buy?

twister

I originally purchased mine blued. After getting them running the way I wanted I ended up sending them out and getting them Cobalt plated. They just seem to be a bit more slippery and feed better in my opinion. To this point, no issues with the feed lips cracking so I'm happy. My suggestion would be to go with the standard and if you decided later you can always have them plated for a reasonable price...

• 2 weeks later...

the silver or chromed ones don't rust. The blued ones will if they are damp or wet and not cleaned right away. I clean them up with break free. The silver ones are smoother for feeding IMHO. In the event the trigger bar rubs against the mag during the DA trigger press, I would like to think the DA would be smoother rubbing against the chromed mag compared to the blued mag.

I use blued in .40 and chrome in super. I didnt have a lot of luck with the chrome ones in .40 and all my blued ones work great. But Mo is right after every match I wipe down my blued mags so they don't rust.

Leo

I originally purchased mine blued. After getting them running the way I wanted I ended up sending them out and getting them Cobalt plated. They just seem to be a bit more slippery and feed better in my opinion. To this point, no issues with the feed lips cracking so I'm happy. My suggestion would be to go with the standard and if you decided later you can always have them plated for a reasonable price...

Where did you send them to get plated?

"Same mags that come with a new gun." ROFL!

I've purchased mags from EAA, specially at the discounted price of 3 for $75. Yes, definitely cheaper than the market rate of about $35 per magazine.

The downside is that the mags on the surface look like the mags that come with a new gun, but some tuning is needed. I've never had an issue with the mags that came with my guns. These OEM mags seem to need some tweaking with the follower, springs, or feedlips to get them as reliable as the mags that came with the gun.

So, skydiver, you're saying that the only way to get the mags that come with the gun,is to buy 8 more guns? I was hoping to get the same quality I got with the gun. So, the only choices is EAA, and Eric?

So, skydiver, you're saying that the only way to get the mags that come with the gun,is to buy 8 more guns? I was hoping to get the same quality I got with the gun. So, the only choices is EAA, and Eric?

I've heard that Henning performs some kind of Nordic magic on the mags he builds: http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/magazines.html