Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite 1911 9mm Mags

TCKev

I just ordered a 9mm Trojan and was looking for mags. What are you running in your's. I ordered 3 Wilson ETM's with it but was curious about the new Dawson mag's.

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by KWD

I like the Wilson magazines but cut two coils off the magazine springs. I run a 9lb recoil spring and a 15lb mainspring. Usually shoot 147gn bullets at 130 power factor.

I haven't seen the Dawson magazines yet.

I hope you enjoy your Trojan as much as I do, it's fun.

Wilson ETMs in my Trojan run great also. On any 9mm mag you buy just do a visual inspection to make sure the top of the mag and the ejector to assure clearance. Seem to recall some issues written up about that in the past

Thanks for the reply's I'm gonna give the ETM's a shot and if I have trouble I'll try the Tripp's. That's what I'm running in my Trojan 40 but of course Virgil worked them and the gun over.

Thanks for the reply's I'm gonna give the ETM's a shot and if I have trouble I'll try the Tripp's. That's what I'm running in my Trojan 40 but of course Virgil worked them and the gun over.

I run nothing but Tripps in my guns now. They just work!

ETMs would not run in my Dan Wesson, Tripps run perfectly

Haven't tried Trips,but I can't get ETMs to lock the slid back on PM-9. Wilson's sent me regalements, but their no better. I have a 9MM Wilson on order for my wife, just kinda hoping they'll work in it. If not I'll sent the Wilson's back, I can always use more 47ds.

Put about 3000 rounds so far through an STI Spartan in 9mm using the Dawson Extreme Tactical mags and the Dawson No Gap Base Pads and the Dawson No Gap Magwell. 100% reliable. The only problem is that they are tough to unload with more than 6 rounds left in the mag, but it is just a slight inconvenience.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...