Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Hoster for .300" tall Dawson Precision Front Sight?

bigleaf

I've got a new (to me) G34 that the previous owner had put some Dawson Precision fiber optic sights on. Green adjustable in the back and a red .300" tall on the front. Can anyone tell me an IDPA legal holster that will work with a front sight that tall? I called Comp-Tac and they said theirs had .250" of clearance. I tried to reach David at KyTac to ask him, but he's hard to reach, it seems.

I have a couple of belt speed Comp Tacs that work just fine and I definitely have the .300" front sight.

That's encouraging, because I like the design of that holster. The one I really would like is the KyTac, but he doesn't answer the phone or emails. The last update to his site was back in Feb. or March.

The CSR who answered the phone at CompTac said .25, but if it works for your sights, I might just give them a try. Thanks.

Order a blade-tech DOH and tell them to add 1/4 of an inch to the depth of the sight channel to the holster. There is a place to add comments when you submit the order. Both of my DOH's are deep enough to accomidate that front sight, but I ordered them with the above change to the holster.

I have a G35 with a .300 tall Dawson sight and it has plenty of clearance in my Comp-Tac belt holster. I bought it just over a year ago. I wonder if they changed their design?

Hello: Comp-Tac will fit your 0.300" tall sight with some room to spare. They make the best front sight channel of all the holsters I've seen. Fast service as well. My Glock 34 has a tall front sight and it clears it by at least 0.100". Thanks, Eric

Hello: You made a great choice. The only other thing is that you may want 2 individual mag holders instead of the double. I have been trying both and use both kinds for my Glock 34. My current favourite is the double but that could change next week :roflol: Thanks, Eric