Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release

rupture

Yes, it's an old factory mag release. I had a few back in the days. Didn't fit my hand that well, but I'm sure it'll be great for many.

I'm doing some testing right now on a magrelease that I had made. It will be drilled and tapped and I'll have at least one button with it. It's taken a while because of manufacturing, but at least one is in my gun and I'm trying to work out any potential bugs and make the design as good as possible.

Yes, it's an old factory mag release. I had a few back in the days. Didn't fit my hand that well, but I'm sure it'll be great for many.

I'm doing some testing right now on a magrelease that I had made. It will be drilled and tapped and I'll have at least one button with it. It's taken a while because of manufacturing, but at least one is in my gun and I'm trying to work out any potential bugs and make the design as good as possible.

Well if yours will be out soon, I'll wait . The one Eric is selling is 80+ dollars

• 2 years later...

Any updates after 2 years?

Not sure if this will help, I had the old extended mag release that was pictured on that Springfield p9 I bought it off a member on here. It didn't work well for me so I cut the top off and welded to the old one so I can lower it, and shave it down some I kept dropping my mags while shooting after my fix it works fine. I wanted one for my back up limited gun so I took and welded a piece on to that and did some grinding and it’s just like my primary gun and didn't cost me anything.

Not sure if this will help, I had the old extended mag release that was pictured on that Springfield p9 I bought it off a member on here. It didn't work well for me so I cut the top off and welded to the old one so I can lower it, and shave it down some I kept dropping my mags while shooting after my fix it works fine. I wanted one for my back up limited gun so I took and welded a piece on to that and did some grinding and it’s just like my primary gun and didn't cost me anything.

The one you bought is it made for Tanfoglio? And why you keep dropping your mags? Does it hit by your palm?

Mig or Tig??

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it it would hit my palm and drop out. Its kinda odd when I would go to the range and conduct a test fire or chrono some ammo it never happened then when I would shoot a USPSA match I would dump the mags. So after I Mig welded it and cleaned it up and lowered it, I know longer have any issues. One one I bought off a member on here cost me $ 30 but the second one I made was free I had some metal laying around.

Yes it it would hit my palm and drop out. Its kinda odd when I would go to the range and conduct a test fire or chrono some ammo it never happened then when I would shoot a USPSA match I would dump the mags. So after I Mig welded it and cleaned it up and lowered it, I know longer have any issues. One one I bought off a member on here cost me $ 30 but the second one I made was free I had some metal laying around.

I think the one you bought is not made specifically for Tanfoglio...may be that's the problem...

Check out Eric Grauffel's website, he has these extended mag releases in stock.....

http://www.ericgrauffel.com/shop/product.php?id_product=141

The price shows 74.95 Euro's so that would be $97.65 US plus some expensive international shipping. You could get an extension welded onto the existing mag release for less than $100 so it would probably be better to get a custom one made by a local gunsmith.

Before going to all that trouble, have you tried reversing the mag release, so that you can punch it with your trigger finger?

I have square hands, and short thumbs. By changing the mag release to the other side, I'm able to make a mag swap without having to shift my grip.

This, BTW doesn't work for me with the factory extended release, just with the standard.

Reversing the release is a simple job, which will only take you a couple of minutes. Give it a try, and THEN if you don't like it you can go the costs-money route and have only lost a little time.