Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement for V-Comp

AzShooter

Anyone know of a replacement for the V-Comp front sight. It is adjustable for windage as it is but is huge.

sight%20picture.jpg

I'd love to find a gold bead or a fiber optic for it.

Edited by AzShooter

We need to get Warren (or somebody) geared up to make some of these for sale! There was a guy in Australia (Mike McCarthy was his name maybe?) who made them, but he seems to have dropped out of sight.

I believe the one Randy made is square, serrated, and a little taller. Think of it like a SDM but smaller and dovetailed. The sight picture was really nice evening with the stock rear and shorter sight radius. I don't have any idea what it cost, but I am sure Craigar45 would be happy to pass along pictures and talk up the sweet shooter he just had built.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one Randy Lee did for me last month. Besides adding the fiber, he narrowed the sight to .100 wide. I also have some of Warren's (toolguy) .100 wide sights in my pinned sight revolvers.

That's what I'm doing with my stock sight....... 627 V-8 power

The S&W part number for a black patridge dovetail that can be turned into a fiber optic sight like the ones above is 245630000. It takes a while to get them after you order, so be ready to wait.