Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me what to work on!

Rob D

I could use some pointers on which aspects of my shooting need improvement. Please tell me what to work on, and if you have any drills(especially dry-fire) that correspond to my weakenesses, let me know about those too! Thanks in advance!

Match video from 2010 ProAm

*Edited to add the link...doh

Edited by Rob D

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing? I know plenty of you guys are good enough to point out all kinds of things that I could do better.

alot of stuff is just basic, that you already know to do, like tring to go one for one on the steel, look like some of the stages you could have been shooting steel but ran past them, but I am sure you had a good reason for doing this.

Watched your vid twice. I am one class ahead of you in Open and I'm thinking you look like an A or M to me. Anyways, while ROing the recent Indiana State match I started to notice that many guys do this little flick thing with the gun hand during the reload. I notice this on some of your reloads. It is like you are trying to get the magazine out by flicking it to your right. Now, let me say, I didn't notice it on all of your reloads, and when I did it is not a big pronounced movement, but it is there on some. I know it is a small thing, but its in my head after all the shooters I watched.

My buddy shot limited at state and squaded with Vogel who shot production. After his run on my stage I tell him he did good and beat Vogels time. He says, " Yeah, but Vogel had to do more reloads." I answer, "Hey, I RO'd him,.... I didn't see him do any reloads." :cheers:

Your reloads look good to me, but after seeing Vogel do them,.... well let's say it is a whole level I didn't even know existed. Just unbelievable!!!!

Good Job at the Pro Am!!!!

Nothing? I know plenty of you guys are good enough to point out all kinds of things that I could do better.

alot of stuff is just basic, that you already know to do, like tring to go one for one on the steel, look like some of the stages you could have been shooting steel but ran past them, but I am sure you had a good reason for doing this.

Thanks Sean. Yeah, better accuracy could definitely help. ProAm is kind of weird because you're trying to shoot as fast as you possibly can without missing, but you only find out how fast that is after you cross the line and miss a shot or two. I'll work on that for sure.

The Pro Am is a totally different game. You shoot the steel 1 for 1 as Sean said but also not make up missed shots on the steel. I got that info from a really good source (want2race) :)

Exactly. You don't want to do a standing reload only to have 1-2 targets left before you have to move to another position.

Watched your vid twice. I am one class ahead of you in Open and I'm thinking you look like an A or M to me. Anyways, while ROing the recent Indiana State match I started to notice that many guys do this little flick thing with the gun hand during the reload. I notice this on some of your reloads. It is like you are trying to get the magazine out by flicking it to your right. Now, let me say, I didn't notice it on all of your reloads, and when I did it is not a big pronounced movement, but it is there on some. I know it is a small thing, but its in my head after all the shooters I watched.

My buddy shot limited at state and squaded with Vogel who shot production. After his run on my stage I tell him he did good and beat Vogels time. He says, " Yeah, but Vogel had to do more reloads." I answer, "Hey, I RO'd him,.... I didn't see him do any reloads." :cheers:

Your reloads look good to me, but after seeing Vogel do them,.... well let's say it is a whole level I didn't even know existed. Just unbelievable!!!!

Good Job at the Pro Am!!!!

Thanks! I'm going to find some video of Bob reloading. I've never noticed the little flick, but I'll pay attention and try to make that movement smoother and more efficient.

Does anybody have any suggestions for quicker/smoother movement between positions?

I think your runs look pretty darn good. You asked about movement and speed....well here is my 2 cents worth.

I recently learned this from Ron Francisco and Phil Strader so bare with me as I explain.

If your moving to the left, with a RH draw, try loading up your right leg and leaning back on it a little. On your video you lean forward mostly, like a sprinter coming out of the gate, with a lot of your weight on your forward foot. If your heels are against a board or something of that nature, your right thigh muscle is more powerful than your left calf muscle when your trying to get out quick.

It will feel odd at first, but it works.

Another method is if your heels are back against the boards X's, and you are going forward. Explode slightly left of center, almost appearing as if your going left, and drive that right thigh and foot into the ground. It is suprising how fast you can move out.

I hope you can understand this by my explaination? If not let me know.

:cheers: