Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm MG124 CMJ and titegroup for glock 34

sflguy

Hi guys, I need some reload data for production (Glock 34 original barrel), just have a good deal on some (3700) MG 124 CMJ, I also have 8 lbs of Titegroup that I am also using in my 40 limited gun and I want to use with this load.

Another question, I have 3000 Federal SP Mag primer, my question is, can I used them on 9mm?

Thanks.

Edited by sflguy

I am loading that with 4.2 Titegroup at 1.135 (ish) with mixed range brass and either a CCI primer or Magtech. The true OAL's come out anywhere from 1.125 to 1.145. I have not had the chrono for them yet but hope to perhaps Thursday. They function fine in my G17 and G34. If it chronos ok, I'm going to drop it back to 4.1, more like Sarge's load. With the hodgepodge of mixed brass I have my OAL is always inconsistent.

YMMV

Hi guys, I need some reload data for production (Glock 34 original barrel), just have a good deal on some (3700) MG 124 CMJ, I also have 8 lbs of Titegroup that I am also using in my 40 limited gun and I want to use with this load.

Another question, I have 3000 Federal SP Mag primer, my question is, can I used them on 9mm?

Thanks.

You don't have a loading manual? ;) Hodgdon publishes boatloads of data in their reloading center.

SPM primers are fine except possibly for extremely light load (like .38 wadcutter loads). I've compared them to regular SP and they're something like 10-20fps faster, so I wouldn't worry about them at all. R,

Thanks.

You don't have a loading manual? ;) Hodgdon publishes boatloads of data in their reloading center.

SPM primers are fine except possibly for extremely light load (like .38 wadcutter loads). I've compared them to regular SP and they're something like 10-20fps faster, so I wouldn't worry about them at all. R,

Thanks to all of you guys and for Bart, let me add, Yes I do have manuals; but in my humble opinion nothing compare experience with a Manual, the manual gives you a point to start but if you want to go beyond that then you need an expert advice but again, is my humble opinion.

Edited by sflguy

Thanks to all of you guys and for Bart, let me add, Yes I do have manuals; but in my humble opinion nothing compare experience with a Manual, the manual gives you a point to start but if you want to go beyond that then you need an expert advice but again, is my humble opinion.

Cool...I only asked because there seem to be a LOT of folks asking for basic info and it turns out they don't have a manual :surprise:

I suspect you'll find that your results will be within the window of published data since you're talking about a pretty common combination. R,

Cool...I only asked because there seem to be a LOT of folks asking for basic info and it turns out they don't have a manual :surprise:

I suspect you'll find that your results will be within the window of published data since you're talking about a pretty common combination. R,

sflguy,

Welcome to THE shooting forum. :cheers:

If you have not already done so, make sure you purchase a chronograph. You are not reloading if you don't use one IMO. Nothing in my

experience has proved more valuable than current manuals and a good chrono. Use the lightest loads listed and map your way up. Another tip is to

read my signature below. Acclimating yourself to the search methods here will reveal nearly a decades worth of 9mm and TiteGroup info.

It's amazing!

Good luck.

I just chrono'd some 124 grain Montana Gold CMJ's thru my GLOCK 34 a couple of weeks ago. Outside temperature was in the mid to high 90's.

4.0 grains Titegroup

124 grain Montana Gold CMJ

Winchester 2x fired brass

Federal Small Pistol Primers

OAL: 1.132

PF: 135

This same load PF at 132 with my M&P Pro.

I would start at 3.8 and work up from there.

I just chrono'd some 124 grain Montana Gold CMJ's thru my GLOCK 34 a couple of weeks ago. Outside temperature was in the mid to high 90's.

4.0 grains Titegroup

Thanks again Paul, How accurate are they? Edited by sflguy

sflguy,

Welcome to THE shooting forum. :cheers:

If you have not already done so, make sure you purchase a chronograph. You are not reloading if you don't use one IMO. Nothing in my

experience has proved more valuable than current manuals and a good chrono. Use the lightest loads listed and map your way up. Another tip is to

read my signature below. Acclimating yourself to the search methods here will reveal nearly a decades worth of 9mm and TiteGroup info.

It's amazing!

Good luck.

Thanks again, I do have a trusty Oheler chrono since my High Power Rifle days, I use it regularly also with my pistol loads.

I think that my reloading bench is pretty much complete after all, I have been reloading since 1990.

4.0 grains Titegroup

Thanks again Paul, How accurate are they?

Sorry I missed this post.

That load is extremely accurate in that G34 with a factory barrel. We did not measure the groups but I would estimate well under 2" at 25 yards benchrested.

I loaded some up today at 3.9 and will head back to the range this week to chrono and I'll measure the groups and report back.

• 3 years later...

4.0 grains of Titegroup under the MG 124 gr. CMJ.

I recommend starting at a COAL of 1.130" and then fine tuning for optimum feeding in your gun if necessary.

Lots and lots of these loads downrange in G34, G17, and STI 5.0 Tactical. The STI liked a longer COAL than the Glock pistols.

PF around 130-133 depending on pistol.

Very good accuracy.