Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Brake Legality in Outlaw Matches

DyNo!

How many rule-sets place the JP "tank-brake" in the open division?

I've looked through the Fort Benning rule-set and I cannot find anything about compensator size.

Does anyone else know of another rule-set that prohibits the JP tank brake from being used in divisions other than open?

(I have an open rifle that could be made into a tactical rifle if I were to remove my secondary optic. It has a JP tank brake)

34946_405385791740_661271740_5017729_685741_n.jpg

How many rule-sets place the JP "tank-brake" in the open division?

I've looked through the Fort Benning rule-set and I cannot find anything about compensator size.

Does anyone else know of another rule-set that prohibits the JP tank brake from being used in divisions other than open?

(I have an open rifle that could be made into a tactical rifle if I were to remove my secondary optic. It has a JP tank brake)

For RM3Gun, Tactical class has this restriction

There are no compensators bigger than 1” in diameter and 3” long

(muzzle to end of comp) allowed in this class.

That muzzle break would only be ok for OPEN.

Edited by DocMedic

I don't know of any 3 gun match that allows the tank break in tactical division. It is usually reserved for Open division.

Ditto.

The Nordic Corvette Comp works pretty good and is one of the least expensive at about $50. I prefer the Rolling Thunder, but they cost more.

Jesse you could probably buy a lot more toys if you sold that gas guzzler on your avatar, (if that is yours). I'm sure the insurance is expensive too. I'll trade you a '77 with 39k miles and even throw in my rifle (firebird/vltor). I'm sure you would come out ahead in the long run...

Jesse you could probably buy a lot more toys if you sold that gas guzzler on your avatar, (if that is yours). I'm sure the insurance is expensive too. I'll trade you a '77 with 39k miles and even throw in my rifle (firebird/vltor). I'm sure you would come out ahead in the long run...

She's mine! Check this video out. Lightening the tires

JP tank brake is good to go in tactical at DPMS, and the FN match in MO goes by DPMS rules....

Are you sure that isnt an oversight on their part? O3GC spells out the 1" x 3" rules.

JP tank brake is good to go in tactical at DPMS, and the FN match in MO goes by DPMS rules....

Are you sure that isnt an oversight on their part? O3GC spells out the 1" x 3" rules.

The question was raised to the rangemaster (Bob Mills), and he said JP tank brakes were o.k. in an email to me.