Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

length of pull of an M1A

No.343

I'm just a little guy and have to run an A1 butt stock on my AR-15. How does the length of pull of an M1A compare to an A1 butt stocked AR-15?

Does the location of the operating rod handle give problems to any of my fellow lefties while shooting prone?

Thanks in advance. Javier

13.2 inches with a 2 degree down cast for the M-14/M1A, but you will have to search high and low to find one to try and see about the op-rod handle, as no one who is left handed should ever touch one, nor would any M1A owner ever let a lefty even cast his eyes upon one let alone two.....especially a former Airforce oficer...well maybe if you brought some beer to cover the ammo :cheers:

The good news is that the rifle is completely ambidextrous, and I can show you how to load one as fast as ANY AR or maybe a bit faster, Too bad you are in Puerto Rico.....OH WAIT thats latter....HMMMMM!!!!

Oh and one of those you can't lay your eyes on is high master rated...the shooter isn't any more, but the rifle is :D

Edited by kurtm

That sounds pretty encouraging. I have never shot one of them rifles. I've been thinking about different calibers for an AR-15, but I think I would probably save money with a 308. The sight radius looks very interesting to me. I suspect that I will be able to focus on the front sight. That is for discussion purposes only. I never use the thing while shooting.

Kurt, Do you think one of those rifles will work for a guy who can barely shoot expert scores? I better save my money. I'm going to have to buy a lot of beer.