Thank You BE Forums

427Cobra

I finally got around to reloading 40s&w for my Glock 35

various Brass

4.0 TG

CCI Primers

Berry 180 FN

1.135 coal

I loaded 10 with Hornady dies on my Co-Ax, went in the backyard and drilled a soda bottle with all 10, recoil was very light compared to the factory stuff I have been shooting, and none of the brass is Glocked, I really don't care about PF, accuracy is it for me, I think I may have gotten lucky with my first try.

• 4 months later...

I finally got around to reloading 40s&w for my Glock 35

various Brass

4.0 TG

CCI Primers

Berry 180 FN

1.135 coal

I loaded 10 with Hornady dies on my Co-Ax, went in the backyard and drilled a soda bottle with all 10, recoil was very light compared to the factory stuff I have been shooting, and none of the brass is Glocked, I really don't care about PF, accuracy is it for me, I think I may have gotten lucky with my first try.

Brian, do you have any issues with that 1.135" OAL chambering in your Glock 35?

I don't. I just loaded 200 rounds of the following and shot a steel match this weekend without issue:

180gr RNFP copper plated

3.6gr TG

CCI primer

mixed brass

1.135" OAL

It's very soft shooting (like a 9mm) and very accurate. I tried bare lead bullets, but TG powder makes them a smoke show, and my stock G22 barrel was leading up after 200 rounds. I'll pay a few $$ more for plated bullets.

I don't. I just loaded 200 rounds of the following and shot a steel match this weekend without issue:

180gr RNFP copper plated

3.6gr TG

CCI primer

mixed brass

1.135" OAL

It's very soft shooting (like a 9mm) and very accurate. I tried bare lead bullets, but TG powder makes them a smoke show, and my stock G22 barrel was leading up after 200 rounds. I'll pay a few $$ more for plated bullets.

That's the exact same .40S&W Light load I'm using in my STI Tactical 5.0 with a Wolff 12# recoil spring (except I use solely Winchester once-fired brass with 1.130" OAL).

Did you shoot the DPC Real Steel match on Sunday morning (or the Real World Gun match on Saturday)?

thats my 24 load. I shoot a glock 24 with a lone wolf bbl and 15 lb spring with a few coils missing and a 180 ( actually weights 185) LRN with 4 grains of tite group @ 1.135. Love this load. but boy does it smoke with the lrn. It doesn't make major with FMJ p deltas though. I just bump it up to 4.3 grains for the FMJ and it makes 168 PF. Love tite group.

I just can't shoot it @ the friday night indoor plate match cause everyone runs out the building when i start the train a chugging LOL!

Mat