fiddler

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DMAC,

The Forward Set Sear and trigger will give you a pre-travel production and over travel limitation.

I'd love to see pics of Scott Springer's work on your slide when it's done.

Thanks.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll send you a PM when I get it back and post pics on a new thread once it's completed.

Damien

• 1 month later...

I just got the apex sear and plungers, spring kit about 3 months ago do to alot of time on the road haven't been able to get new parts installed. Is this installation process able to be done fairly easily or am I better getting it to my gun smith?

I am a gun tinkering novice and I did it. I would not attempt anything though until you have plenty of time. Just go slow and follow the directions in Randy's video.

My search fu is weak. What's the URL for the video?

BB

DMAC,

The Forward Set Sear and trigger will give you a pre-travel production and over travel limitation.

I'd love to see pics of Scott Springer's work on your slide when it's done.

Thanks.

Scott

I am patiently wating Scott.Every time I order a part from you guys I ask about it.I fill like a junky needing a fix.

• 7 months later...

I've got the Apex Competition Action Enhancement Kit but now I'm not sure I want to go all the way down to the sub 3# trigger pull. Which parts do you recommend I install to get the best feel and an approximate 4# trigger pull?

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's a completely stock M&P 9.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by evan

I've got the Apex Competition Action Enhancement Kit but now I'm not sure I want to go all the way down to the sub 3# trigger pull. Which parts do you recommend I install to get the best feel and an approximate 4# trigger pull?

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's a completely stock M&P 9.

Thanks in advance.

If you are worried about the trigger weight being too low, then go with the carry kit instead of the competition kit...

If you are worried about the trigger weight being too low, then go with the carry kit instead of the competition kit...

Mainly because I want to lighten the trigger rather than make it heavier than stock, I just don't want to go below 3.5 lbs. Also because I've already got this one.

Mainly because I want to lighten the trigger rather than make it heavier than stock, I just don't want to go below 3.5 lbs. Also because I've already got this one.

During the process of installing my Comp AEK last year I checked the trigger pull/feel each step of the way and while you might be able to "get away with it" I would be very reluctant to mix and match parts. Apex has gone to a lot of trouble tuning each of the components to achieve the competition setup as designed. Not sure why you are set on 3.5 lbs but the DCAEK is going to be heavier than that I believe. Sounds like you need a gunsmith.

-William Daugherty

We designed our parts and springs to work in conjunction with factory parts. We find it perfectly acceptable to mix and match our parts and springs with factory parts and springs to achieve the trigger pull you desire.

We know people are tinkerers, we accept that and designed our stuff with that in mind.

If you want to find a middle ground in trigger pull and feel between the Competition and Duty/Carry Kits, I would recommend installing only the USB and Hard Sear. That will give you a pull right around 4.25lbs with a smooth uptake. If you want it a little lighter, install only 1 of the 3 springs for the Comp kit and try it again.

Scott

Edited by Flork

We designed our parts and springs to work in conjunction with factory parts. We find it perfectly acceptable to mix and match our parts and springs with factory parts and springs to achieve the trigger pull you desire.

We know people are tinkerers, we accept that and designed our stuff with that in mind.

If you want to find a middle ground in trigger pull and feel between the Competition and Duty/Carry Kits, I would recommend installing only the USB and Hard Sear. That will give you a pull right around 4.25lbs with a smooth uptake. If you want it a little lighter, install only 1 of the 3 springs for the Comp kit and try it again.

Scott

I stand most humbly corrected ;-)

Honestly I have been so pleased with the original result that I would not want to jeopardize pushing something out of spec and thereby sub-optimal (read "broken"). Life is complicated enough without me making my own troubles.

-William Daugherty

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had trouble with light primer strikes using the striker spring from the competition kit. My primer stockpile is mostly CCI. Any guess what the pull weight ends up being with the stock striker spring and everything else installed?

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had trouble with light primer strikes using the striker spring from the competition kit. My primer stockpile is mostly CCI. Any guess what the pull weight ends up being with the stock striker spring and everything else installed?

Yep

I've never had a problem with light strikes, unless it was due to a high primer, and I also use CCI primers. I'm now on my third M&P9 with the CompAEK and I honestly can't imagine shooting anything else for Production/SSP.

Question: I have a M&P Pro with a Competition Action Enhancement Kit installed, giving me a 3 lb trigger pull. I am interested in upgrading the trigger with Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit. Which parts out of the latter kit need I install to keep trigger weight to a minimum (e.g. do I need to replace the striker block again)? Can I still use the AEK striker spring? Is the use of the Apex Flat Faced Trigger Block mandatory in addition to the Armorer's Block?

Edited by Lior

Question: I have a M&P Pro with a Competition Action Enhancement Kit installed, giving me a 3 lb trigger pull. I am interested in upgrading the trigger with Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit. Which parts out of the latter kit need I install to keep trigger weight to a minimum (e.g. do I need to replace the striker block again)? Can I still use the AEK striker spring? Is the use of the Apex Flat Faced Trigger Block mandatory in addition to the Armorer's Block?

Use the lighter of the 2 springs that come with the FF Trigger kit. I've never used the AEK so I don't know which parts would transfer. I'd take all those parts, put them back in a bag, and use only the parts from the FF trigger kit. (sell the old one, or keep it for a future project). The trigger and armorers block are OK, but not mandatory. To push the trigger pin in to attach the trigger bar I use a flat faced vice, I've heard too many stories about problems with hammering it in. The first picture shows my vice solution to the trigger pin, the second is where my trigger ended up after the ff kit and a bunch of polishing.

post-56380-0-03906900-1431291118_thumb.j

post-56380-0-54337100-1431291141_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Adding this kit and dawson precision sight cut my group sizes down signficantly.

The trigger is much lighter and easier to shoot accurately.

I would highly recommend it.

I shoot my pro as good as my CZ 75 now.

Which Dawson sight did you use?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...