Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from the sunny South

Wellison

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself briefly and to say how impressed I am by the volume of quality information I've already gleaned from this forum. Who knew Jelly Belly offered a Sport bean????? I live in the upstate of South Carolina between the cities of Greenville and Spartanburg. I'm a life member of the NRA and I found IDPA about 6 years ago. I've shot most of my matches at Anderson's Skip-J range. I've never shot a state match but after reading some of the posts here I've decided that I should do that ASAP. I've also enjoyed shooting Steel Challenge but I've never been to a USPSA match. I understand the Spartanburg club has one of those monthly. I currently shoot a M&P 9, but I started shooting IDPA with a Glock 36. It was my carry weapon and all I had at the time. Boy was my wrist sore after my first two matches! I'm also father to four wonderful children. And, now that they're all out of diapers I'm ready to get serious about my shooting. So I'm here to learn and possibly share anything I've observed.

Cheers,

Will

Hi, Will!

My 12 year old and I will be coming up to Spartanburg for the first time in 2 weeks. Hope to see you there for that one. We have our monthly USPSA match in Augusta the 4th Saturday, so I'll have to wait for the 1st Saturday.

Do any of your kids shoot?

Welcome to the forum, and I hope to see you at the range in Spartanburg. Lots of fun, and as Sperman said, good bunch of guys. I will be there this Saturday.

Bring plenty of water...there is only one bay with shade, and even then very little.

I just saw the forecast for saturday is 99 degrees. I might have to take this weekend off.

It will be hot, but as long as there is gun powder in the air I will be :D

I will have extra water in the cooler if any one needs one.

Edited by Heckler

So Glenn...could us "life-sized" guys make a few bucks renting out the shade we create? roflol.gif

That's a great idea! I like the way you think Mike!

I just saw the forecast for saturday is 99 degrees. I might have to take this weekend off.

It will be hot, but as long as there is gun powder in the air I will be :D

I will have extra water in the cooler if any one needs one.

Wow, didn't know it was going to be that hot. The good news is I checked the weather and there will be a refreshing 1 mph westerly breeze. So it shouldn't feel any hotter than 97. :surprise:

Welcome to the forums! I know you probably don't go over towards Asheville very much, but on Monday nights, just outside of Asheville (a little town called Arden), they hold a kind of USPSA match at an indoor range. I was working up in that neck of the woods a few years back, and shot it a couple of times, really fun, great group of people. On Target Shooting Range on Sweeten creek road.

PS. You may be from the south, but if you still get snow that sticks on the ground, it ain't too far south! :lol:

Edited by GrumpyOne

Thanks everybody. I'll have to pass on tomorrow's match. (Family plans) But, I will certainly enjoy shooting Production division with you guys soon.

@ xsniper: Roger that.

@ High Lord Gomer: Sorry I'll miss you this time. My oldest (girl) hasn't shown much interest yet. My 6 yr old boy has shot a suppressed .22 though. :)

@ CZinSC: I shot the IDPA match in Spartanburg earlier this month and couldn't believe I'd left my water on the counter at home. I drank more than my share from the big orange cooler on stage 5 (I think it was stage 5?)

@ Heckler: That cooler saved me from heat stroke! Thanks for bringing it!

@ GrumpyOne: Thanks for the invite. At this point in time I may not be able to take you up on your offer but it's always good to know what opportunities are about.

Thanks again to everyone for the welcome to the forum.

-Will

99 degrees is hot????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Try 108 at the New Mexico HDC!!

Welcome to the forums!!

98 with 100% humidity is very hot! I've been in the desert and it was 117F and it felt cooler than 95 in Florida.