Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a little excitement in the neighborhood.

Just sitting here watching the evening news when all heck breaks loose. Multiple sirens coming down the street is not all that common around here.

The rocket scientist two houses down decided to barbecue on his gas grill in the rain. No problems most of the time. But this time he had a gas leak.

Instead of standing in the rain, he decided to wait indoors while everything was cooking. (Probably saved him some severe burns.)

Per the Fire Department, the gas settled around his deck before the flame in the grill set it off. About 20 feet of the back wall on his house caught fire. The fire worked its way through the overhang vents into the attic.

No injuries, just a little fire damage. I counted seven firetrucks and two sheriff deputies on location. Out tax dollars at work.

Now back to our regular programming.

Bill

A friend from high school who rose through the ranks to become the president of the largest privately held construction company in New Mexico went looking for a propane leak in the company motorhome with a match. The ONLY thing that saved his life was the fact that one of the RV's doors was behind him when the match found the leak. The explosion blew him out the door while the motorhome burned to the ground. :surprise: Dumb $hit!

Adios,

Pat

Gas is cheap to cook with, but like I've learned to date is you got to take that stuff seriously. I had a thread here somewhere about leaving your back to the grill and my kid turning some knobs. I went to light that thing and WHOOSH! Got the epilary treatment on my arms and stuff. Now when that thing isn't being used I just leave the tank disconnected. That kid is too curious!

Well down here or over hear in the SOUTH--which ever the casee may be--we have a lot of hog cookers-36"dia x 4ft long most cook with gas--let one of those things flame out and some idiot says I know how to light it,open door insert match--BOOM--when and if mine goes out,I turn off GAS-open the lid walk away have a beer then light grill and have another beer. BBQ IS GOOD BOOM IS BAD-- :cheers: