Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig X-Five P226 Bianchi

mrwhite1

I picked this Sig X-Five P226 Bianchi up recently and I thought I would share some pictures for those of you who might appreciate it.

According to Sig this is only 1 of 3 that was ever imported into the US before Sig stopped production. I am still awaiting my letter of Authenticity from Sig.

15czt2.jpg

2wcpbuq.jpg

5aj41l.jpg

2wc3zfc.jpg

Edited by mrwhite1

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of her

I haven't stretched her out much yet, but I've heard they will shoot some amazing groups at 50 though.

Just got it last week, and got my scope in for it this weekend. Thus far I did a complete disassembly clean and lube of the gun. Very impressive. Man it's heavy, built like a tank. Guy told me they were discontinued because of all the extra machining / hand fitting / etc involved it was not cost effective. When I disassembled it first time I took cover off, but I'm wondering if I can just take the slide racker off and maybe whole thing will slide out the front. The slide racker is held on by a pin through rear sight notch with two super tiny e-clips on either end of pin. Removing will require careful work. But next time, I'll try it out. I'm a little confused with the comp / barrel config. It appears the comp is welded or if it isn't, it's extrememly tight. As a result the barrel wont come out of the slide. I dont have any problem cleaning, just different. Other than that only thing I haven't totally figured out if how the lever works. It was my understanding it would pivot the sight base for shooting moving targets, but when I loosen the two screws on either side of lever the base doesnt move? Not sure if anyone has ever handled one of these to know, but I'm sure I'll eventually get it figured out.

The lever pulls rearward and then you can move lever to right or left, but it doesn't move the base any that I can tell? That's what has me confused. I took both screws out beside lever and base still wont budge. Ok, I just took the sight off, and there are 3 screws holding the base to the shield. When I took one of the screws out, there are plastic washers underneath them. The hole is also oblonged slightly so you can tweak the base slightly if needed. I'm guessing if you want to make the whole base moveable, you have to take either the back 2 screws out, or take the rear and front screw out so that the base can pivot on the remaining one. With all 3 screws in place the base is locked solid.

Edited by mrwhite1

The lever pulls rearward and then you can move lever to right or left, but it doesn't move the base any that I can tell? That's what has me confused. I took both screws out beside lever and base still wont budge. Ok, I just took the sight off, and there are 3 screws holding the base to the shield. When I took one of the screws out, there are plastic washers underneath them. The hole is also oblonged slightly so you can tweak the base slightly if needed. I'm guessing if you want to make the whole base moveable, you have to take either the back 2 screws out, or take the rear and front screw out so that the base can pivot on the remaining one. With all 3 screws in place the base is locked solid.

The screws on top should all be in place but loose. Turn them until they stop and then back them off 1/8 turn. On most mover bases there are allen screws to lock these screws in place. I can't tell much from the pictures but it looks like they are on the right side. The screws on either side of the base at the back allow you to set the amount of lead that you need.

Looks like a nice piece. Come on out and shoot a match.

The screws on top should all be in place but loose. Turn them until they stop and then back them off 1/8 turn. On most mover bases there are allen screws to lock these screws in place. I can't tell much from the pictures but it looks like they are on the right side. The screws on either side of the base at the back allow you to set the amount of lead that you need.

Looks like a nice piece. Come on out and shoot a match.

Yep your right! Thanks for the info, I haven't had much experience with mover bases.

That's one crazy looking Sig! I like it.

Caliber?

Can you post a picture of the other side of the pistol?

I added pics of the other side. Yes it is 9mm Luger caliber

Ok. That's cool! I want one.

Like I said Sig told me there were only a total of 3 of these pistols imported into the US. So I guess there are still 2 more of these beautys somewhere!

I'm hoping the letter of authenticity will have that information on it. I'll post it when it comes in.

Edited by mrwhite1

Scared to ask, but how much?

As I tell my wife... "Why do we always have to assign a number to things"... lol

I can say I got it for less than MSRP... well bare gun that is (Aimpoint R-1 and 25 rd X5 Mag extra)

It was quite pricey I have to admit, I think it took the record for being my most expensive handgun... Actually no think about it, it trumped my STI Open gun and HK SP89 and I still haven't gotten all the extra mags yet.

It was one of those things, I had seen pictures of it a while back, but just never wanted to pony up $ to order one. Then recently I was thinking about ordering another one (This was spurred from watching movie "From Paris with Love" nice Sig X-5 Lightweight in it!), and when I called and spoke to Sig about it, they told me they had been discontinued and there had only been 3 imported. He said the amount of time involved in making it was rediculous and as a result was not cost benificial. I was a little disappointed, figuring I had missed my chance, and low and behold I actually came across one for sale. All in all it was pretty coincidental. Since there wasn't going to be any more, I had to jump on it or I figured I'd always regret it. Trust me.... no regrets what-so-ever!

k1ckt0.jpg

The mover base is a direct knock off of my Stick Shift. If you have any problems or questions, call or PM me and I will try to help. Best Regards- Warren

Thanks Warren, I think I got it figured out finally. The mover base is something new I haven't messed around with before. But if I have any problems or questions, I'll let you know.

Scared to ask, but how much?

As I tell my wife... "Why do we always have to assign a number to things"... lol

I can say I got it for less than MSRP... well bare gun that is (Aimpoint R-1 and 25 rd X5 Mag extra)

It was quite pricey I have to admit, I think it took the record for being my most expensive handgun... Actually no think about it, it trumped my STI Open gun and HK SP89 and I still haven't gotten all the extra mags yet.

Well grats on a really rare find, lol when you said you payed less then MSRP I thought wow that isn't bad... then I looked at what the MSRP really is. :surprise: haha still You'll never see another one like it on the range :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...