Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot #6

I like the idea of the spinning wheel. Spin the wheel and have both contestants take one shot at the time of their choosing. You then have to choose - take the shot earlier while the wheel is spinning faster and chance missing or wait until the wheel is slower and take a chance that your opponent shoots the card that you want before you.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other little tidbit I've noticed about this show over all the other "reality TV" shows I 've watched, this one has contestants asking to be voted into challenges!!!!!

Its an aspect that I do not think the producers anticipated, but it does show the level of integrity that some of the participants have.

trapr

I watched the first season of "The Apprentice" and I was amazed at the lack of integrity shown by all of the contestants. No one ever went into the boardroom and said "You put me in charge of this project and it failed. I should be the one to go." It was all about finger pointing and placing blame. I wouldn't let any one of those guys (or gals) sweep my floor, much less run a company.

Did no one notice that he told Andre straight to his face,"I have no reason to vote for you" and then he did!!!

Yeah. That surprised me a little. The way it was edited with Brad first talking to Andre and then telling Denny or someone that, "We're trying to set up an Andre/Kelly challenge" immediately afterwards did not do anyting to help emphasize integrity. But then I remembered that despite the producers' attempts to set up teams, looks like (some of) the contestants know that it's anything but. There's only one prize and sooner or later, the team stuff breaks down on all of these shows.

We're just not used to seeing stuff like that in this crowd. :unsure:

We're just not used to seeing stuff like that in this crowd. :unsure:

It is ironic to see it in this show. In reality the folks I meet, in this sport at least, want me to do well. :cheers:

They should have made them shoot the elimination challenge strong hand only or freestyle with the wheel spinning :ph34r:

I wonder if they wanted to do this but discovered in a beta test that it was way hard fo rhem to make this work. Hard for the shooter to see what he wanted to shoot and even harder to successfully engage it. Then they are basically going to have to stop the wheel to effectly score it and come up with a way to spin it the same speed each time. And I also suspect it would have resulted in less solid poker hands.

In one aspect there is a large element of luck to the show. It may mean that a contestant gets so far because they had to sit out shooting a specific gun at which they are not accomplished. It may mean that they had an easier shot on a specific date. It might mean they advance they avoided a challenge not on strengh of performance but rather just because their team members liked them better than the other player who had a marginal performance.

If the producers see this, they may not be planning to take the entire show to a conlusion based only on performance. They could be headed to a jury vote thing like they do on Survivor but I hope that is not the case.

If I had to bet I would wonder if the final challenge is not going to involve at least elements of all the challenges on the show forcing a contestant to complete a specific target before advancing to the next one in the manner we saw on the first show.

Lady luck smiles on us all from time to time. But in the end at the elimination challenge, "to the victor goes the spoils". However they got there, and whatever the challenge, it is the individuals performance, good or bad that sends them home, or keeps them there. I do not know what the final challenges will be like yet, but I am pretty sure its not going to come down to voting for the "Top Shot".

Funny thing about luck is we all have it, I am certain we all can remember thinking "wow that was a lucky shot", but it seems to me that the more our skills improve and better we are prepared the less frequently we have these "lucky shot moments". And the casual observers (audiance) perspective may have something to do with what is percieved as luck.

It might be different if your success took $100K out of their pocket.

Ya think? :)

I have no problem with the deal-making and machinations that go on. It happens on all of the reality shows. And let's be honest, since the shooting challenges and most of the shooters themselves are underwhelming, it's the only thing interesting about the show.

I do have a problem with the contestant that tried to engineer a back-room deal and then took umbrage when it backfired and sent him to an elimination challenge. He escaped elimination, but only by a thread. You live by the sword, you shouldn't be upset when you almost die by the sword.

My biggest disappointment with the show has been just how mediocre the skills of the majority of the contestants are. :(

I do have a problem with the contestant that tried to engineer a back-room deal and then took umbrage when it backfired and sent him to an elimination challenge. He escaped elimination, but only by a thread. You live by the sword, you shouldn't be upset when you almost die by the sword.

My biggest disappointment with the show has been just how mediocre the skills of the majority of the contestants are. :(

Shhhh, that subject will get the thread locked as that is about the "episode that can not be spoken". "Captain Furious" said he putting that persona aside at the start of episode VI, a very good thing IMO.

The lack of practice, sitting people out, voting not the worst performers, poor planning for equipment and challenge failures will hopefully make for a better season II. I would hope they could shorten the film shoot to allow for some of the better competitors (all disciplines) to apply.

The lack of practice, sitting people out, voting not the worst performers, poor planning for equipment and challenge failures will hopefully make for a better season II. I would hope they could shorten the film shoot to allow for some of the better competitors (all disciplines) to apply.

On the contrary, they want you for 5 weeks this time, not four... unfortunately :( I'd love to apply, but there's no way I can get that kind of time off from the day job...

If they keep the "Survivor" format then I would be surprised if they get any more of the best shooters. Those shooters who are the best have sponsors and jobs to keep in mind. If I were in their shoes I wouldn't hamper my future ability to make a living to be on this show. Because ultimately, this show is not about being the best overall shooter. The best overall shooter may actually win but, if so then it will be a fluke.

If they keep the challenge format then the two lowest performers each week need to go to the elimination. No voting of the contestants.

However, I like someone else's suggestion the best about keeping everyone for the whole season and they compete for points each week then the best overall points for the season is named the winner and would definitely deserve the title.

Chris

It is what it is, if you don't like it...don't watch it. Too much negitivity, we finally have a primetime shooting related show to watch and all I read is how much everyone hates it??? :angry2: Some of you need to take a whole bottle of happy pills. :rolleyes:

It is what it is, if you don't like it...don't watch it. Too much negitivity, we finally have a primetime shooting related show to watch and all I read is how much everyone hates it??? :angry2: Some of you need to take a whole bottle of happy pills. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I didn't know that I couldn't have a constructive opinion and try to make a suggestion that would help make the show better. In the future please let me know when I can speak. :roflol:

Chris

However, I like someone else's suggestion the best about keeping everyone for the whole season and they compete for points each week then the best overall points for the season is named the winner and would definitely deserve the title.

Everyone keeps saying this, but it'll never happen. That's what shooters want to see, but it's not what brings in the mainstream audience. If it was a pure shooting competition, it'd be on some obscure cable channel no one gets.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that I couldn't have a constructive opinion and try to make a suggestion that would help make the show better. In the future please let me know when I can speak. :roflol:

Chris

I wasn't taking a shot at you personally, I am not a total dick, I am sorry if you took offence. I was refering to the forum as a whole.

Chris

I wasn't taking a shot at you personally, I am not a total dick, I am sorry if you took offence. I was refering to the forum as a whole.

Ahh, well then... nevermind my comment. :ph34r: Sorry about that. I thought it was for my post.

I agree that non-constructive bitching isn't helpful. It's the same way over on the History Channel forum for the show. I just hope the producers look at the well intended suggestions from folks to try and make it even better for next season.

Chris

Everyone keeps saying this, but it'll never happen. That's what shooters want to see, but it's not what brings in the mainstream audience. If it was a pure shooting competition, it'd be on some obscure cable channel no one gets.

You may be right. But, we can hope. I would at least like to see some more of the shooting time. I realize that watching someone reload a SAA cowboy gun is like watching paint dry. :roflol: But, the actual shooting part this week was so cut up it was kinda disappointing.

Chris

Chris

It's the same way over on the History Channel forum for the show.

Chris

I guess it is true what they say. There is a forum for everything! B)

Chris

Oh so since someone called you out, you didn't actually mean them, just everyone else <_<

Shooting cheers.gif Watching shooting yawn.gif They need to have drama, and all of the crap we as shooters don't really like, otherwise the show won't make it.

How about showing the shooting? I'm really tired of super slo-mo shots of the bullet exiting the barrel. Since it's supposed to be a show about shooting, how about at least showing the shooting challenge in its entirety.

Shooting cheers.gif Watching shooting yawn.gif They need to have drama, and all of the crap we as shooters don't really like, otherwise the show won't make it.

How about showing the shooting? I'm really tired of super slo-mo shots of the bullet exiting the barrel. Since it's supposed to be a show about shooting, how about at least showing the shooting challenge in its entirety.

I agree. But, this may be like golf is for me. Before I played golf I couldn't watch it on TV. It was boring. Now that I know how to play I can watch it and understand more about what they are doing.

Maybe the History Channel could put the full video on their website for those of us who actually want to see the shooting part from start to finish.

Chris