Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot #6

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is coming down to a lack of poker knowledge? It's not even a mental game...no tactics, no strategy. Just a lack of poker knowledge.

So sad for a shooting show.

Well at least they were both horrible poker players, so no one had the advantage. lol.

Andre', do you have any sixes?

Nope, go fish!

Hahaha my roommate and I just could not believe Andre on that one. We thought for sure he knew something we didn't. I loved the look on Brad and Denny's faces.

What a way to end it.....not knowing what cards to shoot. I did like how they both redeemed themselves shooting. I was wondering if they were even going to be able to hit a card....

Flyin

It was a lame way to end the show. I see there are only four episodes left. I will be interested to see how they pull this off.

Poor Blake. He might as well have stayed home.

Denny didn't do as well as expected, but what can you do.

Yes you would think that Denny would have done well with the revolver, but I did not hear anyone on the show complaining about him saying he was not use to the trigger or the revolver not set-up like his.

Also they both said that they did not know how to play poker and I guess it showed. What a way to go out.

This is coming down to a lack of poker knowledge? It's not even a mental game...no tactics, no strategy. Just a lack of poker knowledge.

+1

What crappy ending. Someone teach the producers DVC.

Denny didn't do as well as expected, but what can you do.

Yes you would think that Denny would have done well with the revolver, but I did not hear anyone on the show complaining about him saying he was not use to the trigger or the revolver not set-up like his.

Also they both said that they did not know how to play poker and I guess it showed. What a way to go out.

I didn't watch this episode. But, it sounds like they are getting worse and worse, which is sad. Here's hoping there is no Season 2

Joe Mamma

I don't know about you guys, but I'm glad Andre is finally gone. I was really hoping Denny wouldn't bite it, and he didn't, even though his performance was pitiful. Andre sucked from show #1, had a significant hand in getting Mike off the show (who would certainly be a stronger asset than Andre...even Frank was better than Andre), etc. It was his time to go.

Is it true that on the poster the highest possible hand was a pair of 5s? How could they both know to shoot for the royal the first time, but not know it the second? That must have been some kind of IQ test. They should have both gone home.

Yeah that did suck. BUT there was a cheater board up and Kelly had the same disadvantage. Didnt like Kelly going for the block in the first round. Should have relied on making his own shots.

Adam managed to show himself to be a jerk when they came back to the house.

Like Denny but he should have been in the challenge.

Id like to know why red team seems to have an itch for Kelly.

So long Andre,, seemed like a upstanding guy who take a moment to think about the poker.

Yeah, shooting poker hands was lame. But, their strategy made sense since the cards shot in the first round were gone. They couldn't possibly shoot more then a pair in the second round if their Ace-high royal flush got blocked. They should have gone for the 9-8-7-6-5 straight flush and then they could fall back on a straight or 3 of a kind. Either way, Andre messed up unless there was something important edited out.

Did anyone else notice Andres accidental discharge in the first round? I was waiting to hear the host yell "STOP", and DQ him from the show

I believe Kelly's first shot in the second round was going for a straight flush of clubs- but he missed. I expect the red team forgot the most important aspect of the challenge. It takes much longer to load a SAA than it does to unload it with the trigger. That was kind of like a shotgun stage- DON'T MISS!

I didn't watch this episode. But, it sounds like they are getting worse and worse, which is sad. Here's hoping there is no Season 2

Joe Mamma

They've already started the casting calls for it...

I was pretty disappointed in this episode to say the least. the elimination challenge was pretty stupid. Yea ive seen it before, but its a shooting show, not a who knows poker show. Next week's episode looks promising with all the trick shots, Annie oakley over the shoulder, etc. Hopefully they redeem themselves (the producers, not the contestants).

And yea I feel really bad for Blake. he hasnt hardly shot ANYTHING on the show, and you can tell he is getting more and more upset when the red team tells him gets to sit instead of shoot.

Not only did Andre make a mental error on the poker challenge, he made a big one on the elimination range. When he came up to vote, it was Kelly - 2, Denny-1, with Andre and Peter left to vote. If Andre had voted for Denny, it would've been Denny and Kelly in the elimination no matter what Peter did.

Observations:

"That cowboy" is a mounted cowboy shooter who bursts balloons on a horse which is very different from breaking bottles with both feet on the ground. IMO the reason he was not selected is that he is a guy who has been solid in the other challenges and who does not rub anyone else the wrong way on or off the range.

Diversity is what makes the show have broad appeal. Most of us on this forum are action shooters where it is all about speed and accuracy. But we are not the only folks watching the show. If we put the top 16 from the USPSA Nationals on the show there would only be one element represented. The producers chose to insert other types of shooters in the mix to broaden appeal. There are also a couple of shooters who are of the "every man" variety. Busting jugs and bottles out of a shooting gallery are not my cup of tea but it had really good visual appeal and invited basic stragedy like the blue team used to succeed. Overall this was good TV even if I did not personally like the game.

The poker challenge was about as good of an accuracy challenge as you can come up with that has visual appeal. Bullseye would not have been as exciting. Shooting progressively smaller targets had been done in another show. What the poker challenge did allow the shooters to do is alter the targets which the other shooter could engage to win which I thought was a master stroke.

Mental errors consist of missing a target and successfully engaging the wrong one. Maybe Andre could have avoided the challenge altogether. But think about who has made the least mental errors. Of the group, I would have to that the big winner here was the cowboy who had banked away enough good stuff that it over shadowed his performance on the range this week so as to allow him to avoid the challenge.

Does anyone think we are going to see some shotgun? Does anyone think that we might see a cross country shooting challenge coming?

I am being more open minded about the show than some. I liked this episode. I thought it showed a good example of how important the mental game is in any shooting sport. The cowboy lost the mental game in the team shoot and both Andre and kelly could not get it together in the final elimination. It does not matter that either of them were good poker players, they needed to be good stratagists. I can think of many times I have come accross something on a stage I have never done before. This is the time you must rise to the occasion and figure it out. It is an important quality of a top marksman..