Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 Tactical Sport Comparison To Shadow

JoeInKS

Anyone shot both? Trying to get better information concerning CZ Custom's Shadow compared to the Tactical Sport. Trigger? Pull Weight? Reset? etc.

My friend in Jersey got a much better deal locally for his 85 Combat than what he was going to give it to me for.......

Anyone shot both? Trying to get better information concerning CZ Custom's Shadow compared to the Tactical Sport. Trigger? Pull Weight? Reset? etc.

My friend in Jersey got a much better deal locally for his 85 Combat than what he was going to give it to me for.......

Sorry, I don't have any experience with either, I only have the SP01. But, just in case you weren't aware, you may try also posting on the CZ Forum Site. Loads of CZ owners there that would probably be able to offer all the info you are looking for.

CZ Forum Site

This is occasionally a point of confusion, so just to be safe let me say a couple things up front:

* the CZ TS is single action only, meaning it is not production legal and would shoot in Limited or Limited-10

* the CZ TS has a larger (wider) frame and the magazines are correspondingly wider and higher capacity

I don't have a Custom Shadow, but in Production I shoot a custom shopped CZ 85 which will have the same trigger. I have not ventured into Limited, but picked up a CZ TS cheap for that eventual day.

I suspect the reset can be made shorter on the CZ TS, but the stock TS is comparible to the customized SA on my DA/SA gun.

I would rather have the customized small-framed 85/Shadow because its the top of the line pistol for our sport in its division, whereas the CZ TS is a good value limited pistol and requires a bit of work to reach the same standard.

As mentioned above the TS has a single action trigger and is not legal in Production. It has a 5 1/2" barrel and has the large frame. 20 or 21 reloadable mags are doable in .40. The 9mm would force you to shoot minor in Limited or L10 which are (other than Open) the only divisions you can use this pistol in.

Really, totally different guns for different purposes.

* the CZ TS has a larger (wider) frame and the magazines are correspondingly wider and higher capacity

The grip frame is also larger front-to-back, though this difference is less pronounced than the difference in width. (And the front-to-back difference can be reduced/eliminated by turning down the frame, a la "the CTS treatment".)

As others have said, two different guns for two different divisions.

The Shadow reigns supreme in Production, while the TS is king for Limited/Standard.

I believe the T/S is built on the CZ 97 frame.

Don't think so. If it is, CZ made sure the 97 mags and the TS mags are dimensionally different because neither will fit into the other's grip frame.

It's not a 97B, but I'd say the frame shape is closer to the 97B to the 75B.

Doing the grip reduction on these is nearly necessary IMO unless you just have some gigantic hands. Mine's been done, and it's similar in width to the '75B, but longer front/back by a shade. I actually love the shape, myself.