Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video Idea- needs assistance

Okey dokey, I have an idea for a video. I want to capture the best "make ready" routines. Of course the more elaborate or "anal-retentive" appearing the better. I plan to put it to Stevie Wonder's "Very Superstitious."

(I know it maybe not be supersition motivating the routine, but it works)

Please help me identify the best "make ready" routines. Guys who draw 8 times; check the chamber three times; whatever comes to mind, draw, rack, holster, draw, dry fire, draw mag, inspect mag, insert mag, rack, pull on mag, holster, re-arrange mags... ok, we all do that... :lol:

I can think of one shooter who often grabs some dirt off the range and rubs it on his hands.

The kookier the better. :wacko:

If you care to send me short video clips you already have I will give you credit. Send to deadeyeshooters@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by Steven Cline

There is a guy in my club that used to break out his comb at the Make Ready command and make sure his hair was perfect before he ever touched his gun. LOL

Joe W.

That would be awesome! You wrote, "used to"... no more? Please tell me you have a video. Maybe he would consent to doing it once for posterity?

I'm not making fun of him- I often comb my goatee when just before going forward to make ready.

Maybe it's just me...I doubt anybody is going to be all that happy to be featured in your video showing how long they take to MR (many see that as a negative) ?

I'd be sure to get somebody's permission before you added. It's a small world.

Maybe it's just me...I doubt anybody is going to be all that happy to be featured in your video showing how long they take to MR (many see that as a negative) ?

I'd be sure to get somebody's permission before you added. It's a small world.

That's a good idea. If anyone sends a video, try to include contact information so I can seek permission from the shotoer.

I have not seen too many shooters go overboard with the make ready stuff, but when I shot with Todd Jerrett at the Area 1 match his make ready process was pretty lengthy. The mag seating, reseating followed by a re-reseating was a little funky. But it works for him and he did it exactly the same for every stage so I am sure that it has some kind of purpose.

I can video one for you as a joke if you want me to :) Just let me know what i need to do for ya ;)

Something quirky or odd.

I was thinking of faking up five short clips of me combing my mustache and goatee as I go up to make ready. I could intersperse them with the longer ones provided above and any others provided. Viewers will get that it's a "ritual" once they see it repeated.

I'll leave it open to you to decide. Why stiffle yuor creativity.

I think I have video of a friend stretching his back before his run.

Thanks for the help.

Even the examples given are only a minute and a half, including shooting the stage.

Maybe they just seem longer given the tension involved...

I've never RO'd someone that took a minute to get ready, but I always just figure that after "make ready" it's their time to do what they want with...

They paid to be there, why try to rush them.