Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Narrow (.10") front sight

8ring

Hello:

I just bought a STI 1911 that has the "Microdot" front sight, a .10" wide sight that has a small fiber optic rod. This .10" wide front sight gave a better sight picture for my aging eyes and made it easier to call shots than the typical .125" wide front sight. I was thinking that a narrow front sight would also help my 625s.

Lightning Rod MicroDot (STI/SV)

Is a sight like this available for N-frame SWs? (The fiber optic feature is not essential.)

Thanks,

Chris

Warren i sent you a PM also. i need a .300" tall, .100" wide pin in front sight for smith revolver with a GREEN fiber rod. going on a smith 625 5". i have all height millet sights, Randy tells me i need a .410" rear and .300" front. maybe you can confirm this??

How can i pay you quickly, as i would like to shoot icore match this weekend with it

thank you

Scott Shepherd

scotty25075@aol.com

480-239-3910

• 2 weeks later...

to post a follow up on this subject. i had to put .410" tall rear sights on both of my 5" 625s to make them hit close to center. with the .360" the guns shot low and i had to crank the elevation up till the sight sat up off the gun. i could see light between the top strap and the tang on the sight.

Scott

to post a follow up on this subject. i had to put .410" tall rear sights on both of my 5" 625s to make them hit close to center. with the .360" the guns shot low and i had to crank the elevation up till the sight sat up off the gun. i could see light between the top strap and the tang on the sight.

Scott

Scott, you must be running light bullets or something....185s perhaps? With 230s loaded major, the 360/300 is the right combo for a 5" 625.

Scott

With the .360/.300 combo I also see a bit of space under the sight body, but it doesn't hurt anything and has never come loose.

But with a .360/.250 combo I split a base nut trying to get the darn thing low enough to work.

If you look at my avatar, you'll see the position of a Millett .360" rear sight on my 5" 625. This gun (and my other 625 which is essentially identical) has a .300" SDM front sight and hits dead nuts at 15 yards with 230-gr. major loads. As you can see, the rear sight is nicely positioned, and is approximately in the middle of its adjustment range.