Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am very sad to say I have had to cancel the Commonwealth Challenge/Kentucky Sectional match in October, 2010. :sick:

Circumstances have all lined up to prevent this match. It is just unfortunate.

Perhaps we can do it for real next year.

The folks at Rockcastle Shooting Complex have been great. Nick and Nate are really super folks. This was just a problem of actually putting the match on the ground and making it work like we wanted.

I am very sorry. Any entries we have received along with any donations will be returned shortly.

Gary Stevens

I am not sure why this had to happen, but if it was not coming together as planned/hoped ya'll did the right thing. Matches can be memorable for both good and bad reasons. Better off to wait until everything is exactly the way you want it.

Sign me up to help when it does happen!

Well that is a problem of a different nature. There is going to have to be a USPSA club presence established there for anything significant to happen.

Normally we have the desire and have trouble finding a range. In this case, we have a range, we have a range that wants us, but we have no club.

The folks in that neighborhood will be the determining factor of if and when a USPSA club gets established. As we all know it takes a core cadre of shooter to make a USPSA club work. That cadre will have to be established for anything significant to take place.

I was hoping to make my return to shooting on that weekend. I even planned a side trip to the cave. The change of seasons would have been beautiful. I hope and pray that things come together next year.