Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

regional matches in 2011

I joined ICORE in 2009 and shot regional matches in Arkansas and Mississippi. I missed out on the Louisiana match this year do to my daughter being hospitalized the week of the match. I noticed there were fewer matches in 2010 as their was in 2009 when I joined. I am hoping there are more regional matches this year because I can't guaranty that I can make the trek to California for the IRC. I really like shooting ICORE and would like to see more "grass roots" matches...

will the regional matches continue to decline in 2011 or was 2010 just a bad year?

Go to the ICORE web sit under "about us", BOD, and Match Series Director, his phone number is there. You can call him with you question.

The ICORE web site seems to go into hibernation after the IRC :). I do know there is a major match in Albany, Oregon on August 28th. It is being run by Mike McCarter so it will be GOOD. There may be others around. That is why the Enos Forum is so valuable.

Edited by underlug

and what I got:

Christopher,

Thanks for your inquiry. ICORE has 8 Regions including Australia. Typically each year there is a Regional Championship for each Region.

In 2009 there were 8 Regional's. In 2010 there isn't going to be a Midwest Regional. There was no one willing to host a Regional. I will make every effort to see that a Midwest Regional will be held in 2011.

You should not see a decline in Regional Championships for 2011. I am glad you enjoy shooting ICORE matches, and hope you continue. If you know anyone interested in hosting a Midwest Regional, please have them contact me. I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Vic Pickett