Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The funniest bumper sticker I have seen in a while,

Merlin Orr

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is already too little respect in our society for intelligence and education.

It's not about the student's intelligence; it's about the parent's boasting.

Oh yeah, one sticker I had on my old truck, and on my first Safariland holster, and on my motorcycle: SHUT UP HIPPY. People really dug it on the holster. Unfortunately, my holsters have since gotten smaller and smaller.

I've been having some fun lately w/ the "Make your own bumper sticker" kits from office depot that you can run through a regular inkjet printer. You can make your own and then "give" them to your friends when they're not looking. If you're a nice guy you stick with the magnetic ones that come off easily but hey, that's up to you.

While I realize that we have created a society where the average person has no appreciation of the value of intelligence and education, I am exceedingly disappointed that this attitude has appeared on this forum. I have generally found a somewhat higher level here in the BEnosphere and I'm saddened that such a low-level white-trash sort of attitude has appeared here.

Being that I grew up in Louisiana and my In-Laws still reside there, I feel obligated to stand up for the rest of the white trash and refute your assertion:

I resemble that remark.

:o

It's not about the student's intelligence; it's about the parent's boasting.

Maybe slightly off topic, but I have been wondering for years:

What happened to the dumb kids?

I swear I can't figure it out. All through school, every class had a couple of dumb kids. We knew who they were, they knew, nobody cared. There were also tall kids, short kids, fat kids. No big deal.....

But suddenly, every kid on earth is:

GIFTED

I want to know what the government did with the dumb kids! I kind of liked them and it seems unfair that they all got taken away and locked up somewhere so that our entire school system could be filled with THE GIFTED.

Just one more question:

If they are GIFTED, doesn't that mean we can return them if we saved the receipt?

Nuke the baby whales!

I'm also offended by the various "My _____ can beat up your honor student" stickers and sorely disappointed that they have appeared on this forum. There is already too little respect in our society for intelligence and education. We certainly do not need to advocate that physical violence is preferable to doing well in school. Clearly, someone who is well educated and reasonably intelligent is far more likely to be able to help solve some of society's problems than someone who has no talents other than the propensity for physical violence.

While I realize that we have created a society where the average person has no appreciation of the value of intelligence and education, I am exceedingly disappointed that this attitude has appeared on this forum. I have generally found a somewhat higher level here in the BEnosphere and I'm saddened that such a low-level white-trash sort of attitude has appeared here.

p.s. I assure you that education and intelligence will ultimately win. If your _____ does indeed beat up my honor student... no-one will ever find the body.

Cheers,

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe....... :rolleyes:

I like the My other Auto is a .45. :D

One of the best bumper stickers was a topical one at the time when some Japanese bigwig (corp? gov? I forget) said something to the effect of, "American workers are lazy." The sticker had a mushroom cloud and the text, "Made in America by lazy workers. Tested in Japan."

The best one I have seen was "If you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk!" on... a guy's motorized wheel chair! :P I almost wet myself when I ready it. Even better, it was all scratched and beat up. TXAG