Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slowest gun in the East...

Just got the scores for the PA Steel Challange Campionship match in York. A fun match. There is not much Steel Challange in my area, so I was looking forward to this match.

I came in a distant and last fith place for the iron sighted revolver division. I wasn't expecting anymore, I'm a revolver D class in USPSA, but one can't help but feel like the slowest gun in the East.

Well, until I compared my scores to some of the other divisions. I managed to best 11 limited shooters, 7 production shooters, 6 rimfires and even on open shooter. :D

I did have one goal beyond finishing the match, I wanted finish the match without using the the 7th round in my revolver, I have a S&W 686 7 shot. I didn't make it, had to use number 7 on two strings. However, I never need to reload, and hit every target, which I'll count for something in my personal calculations.

If we can only get some of those guys in limited and production, to come over to revolver...

Westczek

Just got the scores for the PA Steel Challange Campionship match in York. A fun match. There is not much Steel Challange in my area, so I was looking forward to this match.

I came in a distant and last fith place for the iron sighted revolver division. I wasn't expecting anymore, I'm a revolver D class in USPSA, but one can't help but feel like the slowest gun in the East.

Well, until I compared my scores to some of the other divisions. I managed to best 11 limited shooters, 7 production shooters, 6 rimfires and even on open shooter. :D

I did have one goal beyond finishing the match, I wanted finish the match without using the the 7th round in my revolver, I have a S&W 686 7 shot. I didn't make it, had to use number 7 on two strings. However, I never need to reload, and hit every target, which I'll count for something in my personal calculations.

If we can only get some of those guys in limited and production, to come over to revolver...

Westczek

Doesn't it feel good to be competitive against a bottom feeder every now and then?

I guess knowing you only have seven rounds and that revo-trigger control paid off.

That's pretty cool. :bow:

I wouldn't sweat it. You know how to shoot, I've seen you do it. You've got great accuracy, but you just need some speed. It comes with time, just stick with it.

As to getting people to switch, I've tried. I've even offered complete rigs to anyone who would come out and squad with me. It gets lonely being the only REVO or 1 of 2.

Congratulations. You should be proud of yourself for beating those bottom feeders. Accuracy must have been great, without having to reload once. It sure helps having that 7th shot.'

I shot Steel Challenge matches with my 625 and my goal was to never reload. Sometimes that last shot was slooow, making sure the sights were dead on but I'v made it through a number of clean matches. Today I use a model 627. I've picked up speed but have lost some accuracy.

Keep shooting your 686+ and give them hell.

Steven

I knew I could count on all of you for encouragement, thanks. Yes beating some folks with autos is a fine consoltion. I don't discourage easily... my standing goal is USPSA revolver "C" class. I will need to pickup some speed for that, but I'm in no hurry.

I did sign up for the Mid-Atlantic Sectional in Sept, hopefully there will be at least as many revolver shooters for that. Possible? I did get to see Josh shoot one stage at the steel match. Always fun to watch someone who is quick with a revolver. In his case more than a third faster than myself.

Westczek