Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 09-07

Shot it at a recent match. It may not be brain surgery but it must be rocket science because it was set up wrong and did not count for classification! :goof:

It's pretty straight forward though. One guy on our squad shot it sitting down.

Just got off the phone with USPSA and Roger is out of town and won't be back to the office until Monday. Early next week I will give him a call and get this cleared up and post what I find out. It is confusing in the description vs. the diagram.

Joe W.

Shot it at a recent match. It may not be brain surgery but it must be rocket science because it was set up wrong and did not count for classification! :goof:

It's pretty straight forward though. One guy on our squad shot it sitting down.

Most of our group shot this one sitting down. If I shoot it again I will definitely stand up. Kind of glad it won't count since I got a big fat 0 lol.

Spoke to Roger less than a minute ago and he said it will be updated very shortly but the stage is to be set up with the outer most targets 53 inches away from the edge of the center target, NOT 53 inches off the center line.

Joe W.

Has there been any hit factors associated with percentages for 09-07 It's Not Brain Surgery?

What division? I shot it in 4.40 seconds with 26 points for a hit factor of 5.9091 came in at 90% for production. I think that will go down as more people shoot it.

Shot it this past Saturday.

Production: 28 points, 5.81 seconds, HF 4.8193, not sure the percentage (my status is still pending).

I shot it sitting down. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/beltjones1#p/u/1/NmJUAkSxkcY

Based on dividing my Production hit factor by my percentage (4.0609/62.4753), the high-hit factor for this classifier might be 6.5, and your percentage might be 74.143%. Good performance!

• 3 months later...

Just shot this one yesterday in Open; 27 points in 5.06 seconds for a hf of 5.3360 (couldn't find the dot after my glacial speed draw). Currently unclassified in Open. The calculator lists my score at 69.2986%.

I stood up and shot it along with most of the other shooters in the match. Any opinions on if its better to shoot this type of stage sitting vs. standing? I was thinking that if I shot it sitting maybe I could've saved a half second or so...

• 4 months later...

Shot it indoors today, good chance the copper plates i was shooting cuased a mike on this.

I shot it in 4.08 with 6 clean called shots and one was just outside the B-zone on T1. If I'd been shooting this outside with match loads I'm positive I would have shot it 24-25 poins in 4.08

Shot it At USSA Match in Tulsa. With a Revo 5.59 seconds I snake eyed two targets and had the fifth shot break a split second before getting on the last target. Got a subsequent A. 5 A's one MIKE!!! So close to greatness...Well maybe not greatness but close to mediocrity. :wacko: Later rdd

You really need to chainsaw out the rounds on this one if you want a decent score. Having all Alpha's is going to be really hard on this classifier, especially if you are shooting at any decent speed. I think that you need to shoot fast and just live with the B zone hits on this one. At least its Comstock so you can makeup shots if needed :blush:

That's pretty much how I shot it, I just wanted to call each shot and leave it where ever landed...unfortunately the copper ate bullets I was shooting are lucky to group into 4" at 10yds so I was just going to shoot the shots and see if I got the hits....I didn't

You really need to chainsaw out the rounds on this one if you want a decent score. Having all Alpha's is going to be really hard on this classifier, especially if you are shooting at any decent speed. I think that you need to shoot fast and just live with the B zone hits on this one. At least its Comstock so you can makeup shots if needed :blush:

Yea it is Comstock, But that don't help the revos. Gotsta go for Hits qucikly. It just happened that each shot broke on the upper A zone, Xcept 1!!!! :angry2:

• 1 year later...

Ran into this one at the Fl State Championship a couple of weeks ago .. First level II match

28/30. 8.13 secs in production ( currently I'm a C class)

52 % which is a full 20 % above my lowest current top 6 score and good enough for 6th place on the stage, apparently all those head shots Seeklander makes me do in training are paying off ...