Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me in my main and recoil spring

nexus

Hi to all this my load data N340,180 heads,5.4 load . What is an ideal weight for my main spring and recoil spring or any changes i'm going to make to have a soft recoil ? Tnx in advance. :rolleyes: By the way i'm using a P16.40 LTD

Edited by nexus

Hi to all this my load data N340,180 heads,5.4 load . What is an ideal weight for my main spring and recoil spring or any changes i'm going to make to have a soft recoil ? Tnx in advance. :rolleyes: By the way i'm using a P16.40 LTD

Try a 12.5lb recoil spring and a 17lb main spring. That's what I run in my p16-40 and it feels great.

When posting these types of questions, it is MUCH more helpful to tell your velocity instead of powder charge. If people don't know your power factor, it is much harder to give you good advise. I prefer the 320 to the 340 personally.

That being said some people will prefer a push to a snap so "soft" is subjective to your size and structure also. A 17 MS and 12-14 lb RS work pretty well for most major 40 loads.

When posting these types of questions, it is MUCH more helpful to tell your velocity instead of powder charge. If people don't know your power factor, it is much harder to give you good advise. I prefer the 320 to the 340 personally.

That being said some people will prefer a push to a snap so "soft" is subjective to your size and structure also. A 17 MS and 12-14 lb RS work pretty well for most major 40 loads.

yah it is major load 170 to 172 pf tnx for sharing your info.

• 1 month later...

Try a 12.5lb recoil spring and a 17lb main spring. That's what I run in my p16-40 and it feels great.

i took your advice and it feels great tnx :cheers:

I also shoot a P-16 and I run a 14lb recoil spring with a 18lb mainspring.

i used to have this setup but i can't control much of the recoil may be because of my build i only weight 141 lbs hehe . Any way thank you to every one who share your ideas and safe shooting.