benos

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I got around to trying Part 2 today and was .67 faster than my fastest time of Part 1. Not bad considering I didn't really get a chance to rehearse the instructions of Part 2. I'll have to dry fire this a bit and get the technique down and try it again.

Thanks, BE!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to try this drill. Keeping concentration throughout is certainly a challenge. I averaged in the mid to high 6's after factoring in misses. I finally put it together on my last run and shot 4.97 clean. I can't wait to see part 2.

Edited by narcop

I do this drill every time i go to the range. it is the first drill of the day. I always do 7 reps. In a matter of year i am down to 4.03 seconds clean around threeish pusshing the envolpe with maybe 1 c. this is by far the best drill i have ever used for speeding up transtions and teaching your eyes to see faster.

Tried this tonight with my limited rig.

Raw, total down, adjusted time

6.02 1 6.52

5.74 0 5.74

5.57 0 5.57

5.00 0 5.00

4.75 2 5.75

5.30 0 5.30

Adjusted average: 5.65

PM sent for part 2.

Edited by billdogg

I finally had a chance to get to the range yesterday and run this drill, and the one thing I can say for me it was a lot tougher then it sounds. I ran the drill 14 times and came up with a average of 7.23 with penalties added. This gives a base to watch over the next year to see my improvement. I can see that I haven't been watching the front sight like I need, and I am sure that will improve with this drill. I look forward to the second part of this drill and how it will keep improving my transitions.

I hope to run these at least once a week and dry fire when I can't. Thanks for help. Pm sent

• 2 months later...

Average "As only" was 4.76 with a 2.3 draw- vanilla G17 with dawson sights.

Trying to speed up my draw increased my overall time considerably :blush:.

I practice seeing my front sight through dryfire a couple of times casually throughout the winter, but I know if I don't get a solid first hit after the buzzer, my grip is probably wonky and my whole string suffers. Despite knowing this, I miss my first shot often.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been shooting 1 year. This drill explained a lot to me. As soon as I started calling my shots and seeing the sights lift did the non A's go away. Amazing….

This will be my training for the next couple of weeks now that the temp is finally trying to touch 50*

PM sent for part 2

Shot five strings of this drill today for the first time.

Average draw 1.97

Average raw 7.40

Average adjusted 7.90

I was 1.41 faster on the last string from the first. If I could knock just .50 off that draw it would be a big help in Steel Challenge.

Edited to correct arithmetic.

Edited by Pasley

• 2 weeks later...

Great drill! Thanks!

I'm all over the place...which is ok since that means I have lots of room to improve! :)

PM incoming for Part 2. Can't wait to find out what it is!

Raw, Down, Adj Time

4.07, 2, 5.07

3.98, 0, 3.98

3.65, 0, 3.65

3.62, 3, 5.12

3.73, 2, 4.73

3.79, 3, 5.29

Avg Adj Time: 4.64

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ran this Sat with my new gun, found I was over swinging a lot with a heavier gun (10oz heaver empty than my previous)

averaged 8.06 seconds.

Times were all in the 5.5sec to 7sec range just lots of non A hits on most runs. Got better at the end as I got more used to the gun, but still need a lot of work!

• 5 weeks later...

I've been dry firing something like this. Before part 2 it was in the high 6s only counting runs that seemed clean (aggressively scaled dry fire targets at ~20 feet...less than half size). After reading part 2 and with a SIRT that came in today, best runs were just over 5 seconds....the ones with misses still mostly stayed under 6.

That works.

sent from a device without a real keyboard...sorry if something doesn't make sense.