5.6	0	1.54	5.6	
5.11	2	1.33	6.11	
5.19	1	1.47	5.69	
5.26	1	1.38	5.76	
5.91	2	1.51	6.91	
5.66	0	1.65	5.66	

6.132727273	avg

PM eagerly sent for part 2!

My daughter Hilde tried out part 1 a couple of weeks ago. After receiving the PM and going through part 2, she reports:

• Average scores improved by more than 1 second
  • The outer split times (between T3 and T1) were almost the same as the inner splits!

Good one, Brian! (and Hilde)

Regards, Vidar Nakling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried the new drill today and got almost 2 second improvement om my average score. :cheers:

Thanks!

My daughter Hilde tried out part 1 a couple of weeks ago. After receiving the PM and going through part 2, she reports:

• The outer split times (between T3 and T1) were almost the same as the inner splits!

Regards, Vidar Nakling

Tried the new drill today and got almost 2 second improvement om my average score. :cheers:

Thanks!

Regards, Vidar Nakling

That's great to hear - thanks!

be

Disclaimer: I shoot 3-gun where 2 on brown is good enough and for the most part, pistol is sort of an after thought. But I'm thinking about dipping my toes in some local USPSA matches and know I need to change my approach with the handgun.

I shot 4 sets of 10 stings.

Confirmed a few things I knew;

Smooth is fast;...and I'm not near as smooth as I thought I was! :surprise:

Get your hits;... when I settled myself down and shot with discipline (half way thur 3 & all of 4), I seen my sight the whole time and scored all A's. Although it seemed a lot slower (a 1.6 draw will do that), I averaged a -2.11 better score!

I need more quality practice;...= don't outrun my sight!

Good drill, I learned from it. :cheers:

PM on the way for part 2. (hope to gain the 1-2 seconds some others got,...I can use it!)

A couple of questions if I may:

I was dry firing part 2 as per BE in the garage, I noticed that I am seeing the A zone very clearly but after a few repetitions, that was where my focus was the sight was there on target but blurred after several repetitions. I did feel like I could get into a smooth rhythm it feels slow but actually is faster. What am I doing what do I need to correct?

On the range I had a chance to do the drill once before I got called back to work, it was very close to my best time, I will go back in the morning. However, that first and only drill, did not have the out of focus front sight syndrome, I think it was looking from the serrations in the cardboard to the sight and back and forth.

• 4 weeks later...

great drill sir.

i just did part i of the drill.

my average score was 7.21

i noticed that if shot faster, i'll get 2 or 3 non As

i am sending PM for the result thanks.

i hope to receive part ii of the drill.

piling.

Edited by piling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok this was fun and gave me something new to do.

10 strings 4.8 avg ( shooting the Friday night plate match and plate practice has realllllly helped my transition speed. 5 8" plates 10 yards 3.04 seconds)

can't wait to see part 2

pm inbound B!

Edited by Mat Price

I'll reply via PM since I'd like to keep part 2 details out of this thread.

be

Brian, is there a secret password to get in on this :D? No worries if it is trade secret! I am not doing much live fire practice right now, mostly garage dry fire drills. I love what you have created and thank you for this forum world you have created.

Kent

I'll reply via PM since I'd like to keep part 2 details out of this thread.

be

Brian, is there a secret password to get in on this :D? No worries if it is trade secret! I am not doing much live fire practice right now, mostly garage dry fire drills. I love what you have created and thank you for this forum world you have created.

Kent

Brian, I actually found #1 through a Google search. Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Shot nine runs today. Average for me, a "C" shooter. 8.72. I quickly learned that I better move my head and eyes before the gun. (like your book tells me). My best 2 runs were the last two at 8.12 and 8.16.

Later in the afternoon I shot Tuesday Night Steel at Rio and had four solid runs. I had my best ever finish.

I'll be doing this one a lot more often trying to improve. I've been shooting 2 years and still improving at age 65.

PM sent. Looking forward to Part II.

Great drill.....thanks Brian