Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
benos

Transition Drill Part 1

PM sent for part 2.  

Brian,

Thanks for creating this exercise. We had perfect weather yesterday for a day at the range, so I gave it a try.

PM sent for part 2.

Incorporated Transition Drill Part 1 in my range practice (and dry fire sessions) for a few weeks.  

Learned a few things about my shooting (still shooting for center mass and 99% of my "A" hits are in the bottom half of the "A" zone} and see lots of room for improvement.

If it matters, I'm shooting PCC.   :devil:

PM sent requesting Transition Drill Part 2.

Received Transition Drill Part 2 several weeks ago (thanks Brian) and incorporated it into both my dry fire and live fire drills.   

Maybe its because I'm getting old, it took some determination and repetition to actually shoot the the way Brian recommends.  I saw an early improvement in transition speeds and after a while, also saw an improvement in accuracy.  Transition speeds continue to improve.

I'm still seeing the majority of my hits on metric targets in the bottom half of the "A" zone.  Need to work on that.  I plan on adding some turtle targets into the drill.

In practice I also shoot the Blake drill and I'm seeing a nice improvement on that too.

Thanks Brian, 7.02 average for part 1. 

Pm sent for part 2.

PM sent for part 2.