• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Ran this Sat with my new gun, found I was over swinging a lot with a heavier gun (10oz heaver empty than my previous)

averaged 8.06 seconds.

Times were all in the 5.5sec to 7sec range just lots of non A hits on most runs. Got better at the end as I got more used to the gun, but still need a lot of work!

Ran this again a week ago, dropped average to 6.01 seconds with many more A hits. Thanks for the drill, will do this every time I practice to work on those transitions!

• 4 weeks later...

Averaged in the low 7s with a G19 and ALS holster.

I had a hard time not trying to do anything different each run, I kept telling myself to just shoot it- but then I'd end up looking at my splits and draw time. I found myself really wanting to push the transition back to T1- T1 was my most accurate target, I tend to be too slow on the draw and on transitions I'm unsure of.

I also found myself doing a lot of thinking as to what part 2 was going to be, and how it would speed me up.

I don't have a very calm mind, do I?

• 2 weeks later...

I've shot both one and two several times, and include it as part of routine practice now.

Is there a "step-by-step" suggested way to expand the simple target set-up to best practice direction and sequence changes? CTR, LFT, RGT,, CTR, RGT, LFT?? OR other?

Edited by 1SOW

• 3 weeks later...

I've shot both one and two several times, and include it as part of routine practice now.

Is there a "step-by-step" suggested way to expand the simple target set-up to best practice direction and sequence changes? CTR, LFT, RGT,, CTR, RGT, LFT?? OR other?

you could try the V-drill, Jerry M explains a 9 round V-drill here:

Just do it with pistol instead of 50 cal lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everybody,

Tried this out today. I had limited ammo, so I tried it as many times as I could with two different guns. The 9mm is new to me, about two weeks, and the .45 I have used for years as my main gun for IDPA. One point to mention is that I did not have any targets other than IDPA, so that is what was used. Never tried this before, and only one or two shots in the -3. And not complete misses thankfully. Maybe it was a fluke, or luck, but my vary first run was really my best run.

String Raw Time 1st Shot Misses Total Time

Springfield Armory 9mm 1911

(1) 6.46 1.52 1 6.96 BEST

(2) 6.39 1.44 3 7.89

(3) 6.20 1.41 5 8.70

(4) 7.25 1.60 3 8.75

Average for 9mm

6.57 1.49 3 8.09

Springfield Armory .45 1911

(1) 7.05 1.62 1 7.55

(2) 6.46 1.52 4 8.64

(3) 6.66 1.52 3 8.16

Average for .45

6.72 1.55 3 8.11

Average Times for both

6.66 1.51 3 8.09

Thanks for such a great drill, and I am really looking forward to trying out Part II. PM Sent.

Matt G.