Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Venry d'Aiguillon

Will_M

A member of the forum, an amazing gunsmith, and great guy, Venry d'Aiguillon passed away.

If you were aware of him, you knew he was battling cancer. He passed away this weekend just one day after his 60th birthday.

God bless him.

This is terrible news. I really enjoyed my talks with Venry. And I really enjoyed it when he went to school on arrogant 1911 pistolsmiths on other forums.

My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace Venry.

I have to say it was fun to read posts by Venry when he was taking folks to task. At the same time he was very generous with his information. Hell, he gave me my comeuppence once. Rest in peace Venry.

Sadly,

Pat

I have to say it was fun to read posts by Venry when he was taking folks to task. At the same time he was very generous with his information. Hell, he gave me my comeuppence once. Rest in peace Venry.

Sadly,

Pat

I'm about to have Venry's family ship the gun he was building me before he died. I remember when I called him about building it a few months back and trying to decipher his super-thick accent. He found out I was studying engineering and from then on, anytime I'd call and ask about what he suggested for cuts, or a part, or what materials to use, he'd make me go figure it out myself before telling me what he suggested.

The first time was the funniest. He had a stainless steel slide he wanted to use, but I was worried about the slide galling. I remember voicing my concern and him almost yelling at me in that thick French-Cajun accent, "Boy, you're gonna be an engineer! Go read your engineering materials book, and call me back and tell me why that's ridiculous!"

He wanted me to learn. I only got to talk to him over the past four months, but I consider myself fortunate to have known him at all.

Wow, while I did not have the pleasure to meet or even talk to him, I liked what I read here, and what others said about him made him sound very interesting indeed.

RIP sir, sorry that we did not meet. Prayers to the d'Aiguillon family. :closedeyes:

JimmyZip

Sad news indeed. I exchanged e-mails with him a few times, talked to him on the phone once and always enjoyed reading his posts. I didn't actually know him but I miss him. :( God speed Venry. Enjoy the Nationals in the sky.