Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries - what a great Revolver crowd there was at the match. It was great to meet Tammy, Tom and Chuck and see Eli and Ron Rhoden again. I guess I missed Mass, but hopefully we'll catch up with him in Tulsa.

Tom, is it the water or the red clay in NC that helps a SS finish 3rd overall in SSR and beat ALL the EXs? Well done Sir. Dean has obviously had a hand in this. Now - go shoot a Classifier!

If it will run in Oct next year, I'll see if I can rustle up a few revolver shooters from up here to head down.

The way things went for me at Area 7, I should have stayed in NC and taped targets. My shooting was fine, but my brain was totally fried - too much time in the sun! I was doing USPSA same hand reloads in NC and IDPA switch hand reloads in NY about half the time.

See you all soon.

It was a pleasure to meet all of you in person. Having just started shooting wheel guns in competition, it is obvious that I need more practice. That being said, it was a great match and I had a lot of fun shooting it. Also, +1 on the fried brain. Lastly, I hope to see all of you at the Georgia match in October.

What a great Revolver crowd there was at the match. It was great to meet Tammy, Tom and Chuck and see Eli and Ron Rhoden again. I guess I missed Mass, but hopefully we'll catch up with him in Tulsa.

I'm humbled and truly honored to be included in this Revolver crowd! It was a genuine privilege to finally meet Bones, as well as Chuck, Eli and Robert. Of course, it's always a pleasure seeing Ron, John, Mas, Bob, Mark, Ray and Will - and Tom, you know you're my revo buddy! I feel very fortunate to have so many great revolver shooters nearby. You folks are wonderful mentors and outstanding role models for a novice like me. :bow:

I had a great time at the match, and look forward to it next year. With winning ESR-MM (not my fault that no others were in my class) :cheers: I have some hardware to show off this year. Add to that my finish on specific stages I feel pretty good about my shooting.

I always expect that it will be tough competing in ESR with a Ruger Alaskan (.45 Colt) and using speedloaders, but I held my own on the majority of the spages compared to the other SSR and ESR competitors overall. If I was not so determined (aka, stubborn) I would get the weight of my Alaskan reduced so that it makes it under the weight allowance for SSR. Alas, I seem to enjoy ice skating uphill too much, and thus will keep plugging away in ESR. :lol:;)

Edited by Blueridge

I'm humbled and truly honored to be included in this Revolver crowd! It was a genuine privilege to finally meet Bones, as well as Chuck, Eli and Robert. Of course, it's always a pleasure seeing Ron, John, Mas, Bob, Mark, Ray and Will - and Tom, you know you're my revo buddy! I feel very fortunate to have so many great revolver shooters nearby. You folks are wonderful mentors and outstanding role models for a novice like me. :bow:

It was a pleasure meeting and chatting with you. Maybe next time I'll get the chance to shoot on a squad with you. :)

- and Tom, you know you're my revo buddy!

You betcha! Keep the faith...and that cylinder spinning - you're doing great! :cheers:

Chuck - Great to meet you. I hope to get down to Georgia to shoot sometime soon. I'll try to twist Will's arm to go together - it's a long drive and his car's nicer than mine. :goof:

John Z - Congrats on a terrific run. And danged accurate to boot! You smoked El Prez and WHO!! - and did it faster than your SHO - what's up with that? Gonna go southpaw on us?

Dean has obviously had a hand in this.

Yep. Wheelgun U. Visiting Professors are always welcomed!

Tom

Dean and Bev do it again – another outstanding IDPA match! Kudos to them and the excellent SO and stats support staff. If anything, the matches are too efficiently run leaving too much time at the end for the consumption of frosties and the telling of li…eer, I mean stories.

I keep thinking how lucky we that live in the Piedmont of NC are – we can now shoot at two great IDPA ranges: The Range and Caswell Ranch. Each offers a unique perspective on stage design – now I can have nightmares about both a bad bus ride and spools.

Craig shot a great match and it was a pleasure watching him shoot and picking his brain about reloads – it’s easy to see why he won the revo crown if you watch him shoot. But what’s up with Doc Z? He was only 15 seconds or so off Craig’s time? I knew the guy was radical when he showed up at one of Frank’s Sunday matches with a 2.5 inch 686 shooting full power .357 mag loads and smoked the rest of us like a cheap cigar, but come on…Thankfully, Tom will be moving to MA soon so Mark and I can keep it just between the two of us fighting it out at EX ( hopefully Mark will keep throwing his back out…did I say that?). Tammy is getting it going on in SSR and Joe B will be joining us soon. We are really getting some good shooters in revo here in NC.

Great to meet you Chuck and Blueridge – you can get all your brass back from the SO’s – none of us shoots 45 Colt. Eli shot well, but evidently Ray didn’t – but as Scarlet says – tomorrow is another day.

It’s sublime to feel the revo love my brothers and sister. John, I want to ask your forgiveness for yesterday – I was only carrying the plastic because I couldn’t give the steel the respect it deserves. Anybody want to buy a G34?

Dean and Bev do it again – another outstanding IDPA match! Kudos to them and the excellent SO and stats support staff. If anything, the matches are too efficiently run leaving too much time at the end for the consumption of frosties and the telling of li…eer, I mean stories.

I keep thinking how lucky we that live in the Piedmont of NC are – we can now shoot at two great IDPA ranges: The Range and Caswell Ranch. Each offers a unique perspective on stage design – now I can have nightmares about both a bad bus ride and spools.

Craig shot a great match and it was a pleasure watching him shoot and picking his brain about reloads – it’s easy to see why he won the revo crown if you watch him shoot. But what’s up with Doc Z? He was only 15 seconds or so off Craig’s time? I knew the guy was radical when he showed up at one of Frank’s Sunday matches with a 2.5 inch 686 shooting full power .357 mag loads and smoked the rest of us like a cheap cigar, but come on…Thankfully, Tom will be moving to MA soon so Mark and I can keep it just between the two of us fighting it out at EX ( hopefully Mark will keep throwing his back out…did I say that?). Tammy is getting it going on in SSR and Joe B will be joining us soon. We are really getting some good shooters in revo here in NC.

Great to meet you Chuck and Blueridge – you can get all your brass back from the SO’s – none of us shoots 45 Colt. Eli shot well, but evidently Ray didn’t – but as Scarlet says – tomorrow is another day.

It’s sublime to feel the revo love my brothers and sister. John, I want to ask your forgiveness for yesterday – I was only carrying the plastic because I couldn’t give the steel the respect it deserves. Anybody want to buy a G34?

Plastic totin' traitor

I always have to check my .45 Colt brass to make sure none of those other "dainty" (9mm, .357/.38, .40) caliber brass sneak in. ;)

I just cannot bring myself to use the smaller calibers. :P I do appreciate getting back my brass at most all the matches I participate in, it makes it quite a bit easier to feed my Alaskan.

I'm working my way up the revolver food chain. I have a first place Novice plaque, a first place Marksman plaque, and now have my sights set on Sharpshooter. :sight:

Edited by Blueridge

Just can't stay off revolver, changed my press over to .38spl last night, will be running SSR at the Patriot Cup. Anyone else going (revoler that is).

Blueridge, I found a few more .45lc I'll hold for ya.

Dean (Caswell Ranch)

Squadra Italiana

Edited by DBrevit

Just can't stay off revolver, changed my press over to .38spl last night, will be running SSR at the Patriot Cup. Anyone else going (revoler that is).

Dean (Caswell Ranch)

Squadra Italiana

Thanks, I'll try to make it back up there for the USPSA match in Sept. and pick them up.

Dean (Caswell Ranch)

Squadra Italiana

Thanks, I'll try to make it back up there for the USPSA match in Sept. and pick them up.

I found a small handful as well, they will be at Caswell for you