Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

July

benos

What is a relationship regarding my Profile's Photo and one of my favorite Zen Masters?

Let's hold off the Q&A for a while, in case someone goes crazy out there and gets it.

I'll let run for awhile and then I'll add a list of 4 or 5 of my favorite great spiritual teachers. Because unless you're on the Maku mozo! List - and follow it closely - getting the answer would be pretty much impossible if you didn't at least know half of the question.

be

the enso relates to Zen notions of enlightenment, strength and elegance

a circle of enlightenment. It is a circle of vast space and infinite emptiness

Edited by wanderer

Shunryu Suzuki. He was known for keeping his shaved head when he came to the western world. He was also taunted as a child for his shaved head.

Edited by Brooks

What is a relationship regarding my Profile's Photo and one of my favorite Zen Masters?

Let's hold off the Q&A for a while, in case someone goes crazy out there and gets it.

I'll let run for awhile and then I'll add a list of 4 or 5 of my favorite great spiritual teachers. Because unless you're on the Maku mozo! List - and follow it closely - getting the answer would be pretty much impossible if you didn't at least know half of the question.

be

Some appear to not even get the easy/apparent half of the question.

- signed, Clueless Kojak.

Shunryu Suzuki. He was known for keeping his shaved head when he came to the western world. He was also taunted as a child for his shaved head.

Good one.

But that isn't the comparison I have in mind.

:)

be

Good one.

be

Am I on the right Zen Master? :cheers:

Good one.

be

Am I on the right Zen Master? :cheers:

Insead of answering, for now, my top 4 favorites (in alphabetical order):

Bohdidharma

Keizan

Krishnamurti

Shunryu Suzuki

be

The zen circle is often referred to as a path where one starts at o degrees and comes back around to 360 or where you started. Metaphorically, that’s what it’s like to follow a path. When you strive to reach something, you don’t clearly perceive and respond to the reality of the moment.

A person could be so focused on a attaining a particular goal they fail to see the entire picture in order to attain what they want so badly. Meaning one must open their mind at physical, spiritual, and emotion level to truly perceive clearly what is happening at that moment.

The profile photo is similar to the cover of Chadwick's book on Suzuki....

WOW - Nice work - We have a winner! Very impressive.

And in the FYI department, it was total coincidence. A couple weeks ago I had finished reading that book (for the third time), and it was lying on the table on my porch. When I noticed the pic was of the back of his head. Then bamm! I thought I had a trivia question that would last longer than a week. So again, nice work!

PM me your shipping address.

be