Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer coated bullets

Julien Boit

now this is interesting.

I wonder how they get it on the bullets evenly,,??????

They are very widely used here in Australia. I know that one of the manufacturers here uses a centrafuge to apply the coating. Another tumbles them and needs to do it three times. They are baked in a low temerature oven.

I have been e-mailing some paint supply CO's trying to find out if they know what this paint is.

If they sell it. I want to test it.

No luck so far,

Jim M ammo

What they use here is some kind of industrial high temeperature 2Pak paint. Obviously the bulletmakers keep exactly what they use secret for commercial reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

These polymer coated bullets are clean, moly bullets are very dirty. Moly can also be toxic and corrosive when damp.

These polymer bullets are less expensive than copper jacketed, can be used in Glocks and HK's and other polygonal barrels.

The coating doesn't come of easily, you can smash these with a hammer and the coating stays on. If you shoot steel with them, sure they'll come apart like copper.

They fly faster than copper and will be noticably more accurate. We've had pro shooters test them through SVI pistols with no problems at all.

Edited by 2old2play

Saying things about moly bullets. Not cool to to talk bad about someones product. That would be like me saying that painted bullets cause cancer. Have a little respect please. I don't downgrade ur or anyones product * don't disrespect mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Half of this websight is about product reviews. Telling factual statements isnt disrespectful, Moly IS kinda dirty, this is a forum for swapping ideas, not tiptoeing around someones products. Post a link to the MSDS if the statements are untrue.

JoeD

He is entitled to his opinion. That's correct. My opinion is for a person to come on a forum and with only 2 post start sounding like a infomercial is a bit overzealous. I wish his business venture the best.

Used moly for years and I don't think its dirty. My opinion as well but that is a matter of perspective.

Have a great evening and my apologies for intruding on this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by cslafrain

I use BBI moly bullets. Their bullets are clean. The dies in my 550 stay clean and my barrel looks like it was squeegeed after I shoot them. I know people say that BBI, Precision, Bayou, etc. are moly, but it is actually more of a dry polymer coating. It doesn't come off on your hands, and it is extremely slick. It's not like the wet moly coating that goes on rifle bullets. It reminds me of the coating on a non-stick pan.

Edited by lucky #7

We have molly coated ones, but you can have them in any color you want as long as it is black.

Unless you get the green slime ones from Louisiana. Contact Donnie Miculek at Bayou bullets. Edited by NMRoy

I use BBI moly bullets. Their bullets are clean. The dies in my 550 stay clean and my barrel looks like it was squeegeed after I shoot them. I know people say that BBI, Precision, Bayou, etc. are moly, but it is actually more of a dry polymer coating. It doesn't come off on your hands, and it is extremely slick. It's not like the wet moly coating that goes on rifle bullets. It reminds me of the coating on a non-stick pan.

Moly works great. Used Precision but now want to try the green ones that Bayou is selling. When Donnie makes the 40 SWC in 180gr then I will buy from him. Like the comment.... "I always shoot qualifiers like this". Some of my worst qualifiers were when I was REALLY trying to do better.

The coating is available in Australia and the US for sale.

In US, sellers are Ferrara Leather company, and Bayou Bullet Company

Bayou Bullets is now offering J&M Specialty Products P/L HI-TEK-LUBE Bullet Coating to bullet casters (call or email for application details).

1 Liter Kit

5 Liter Kit.

$95.00 Shipped

Call for Pricing

How bad does bayou bullets smoke with titegroup?

A not much at all, in fact less than some FMJ that I have shot.

I used to use Precision Moly bullets, they are great bullets and very economical. However, I prefer TG powder for various reasons, and while I shot MANY thousands of rounds with PM bullets and TG powder, it was VERY smokey.

I changed to Bayou Bullets late last year, and find them to be outstanding in quality and price.

I used to use Precision Moly bullets, they are great bullets and very economical. However, I prefer TG powder for various reasons, and while I shot MANY thousands of rounds with PM bullets and TG powder, it was VERY smokey.

I changed to Bayou Bullets late last year, and find them to be outstanding in quality and price.

Thanks for the info. Now my only dilemma is what gr bullet for 9mm! I've shot a bunch of 147 gr MG so I'm leaning toward 147 bayous but am curious about 160 gr also...

Thanks for the info. Now my only dilemma is what gr bullet for 9mm! I've shot a bunch of 147 gr MG so I'm leaning toward 147 bayous but am curious about 160 gr also...

You can buy a sample pack of the Bayou 160gr and try them out, before you buy a large quantity.