Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC scoring for Android

Kupsi

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This certainly is a great tool. I would like to see the score entry mode be a choice. Sometimes entering total "A" hits a plus but sometimes scoring the normal "target 1, two Alphas...target two, one alpha one Charlie" better. Having a choice would be better. And our score sheet has the steel at the top of the sheet too...

How much is it to unlock or renew after the expiration? I could not find that info in the app...

Keep up the good work and a USPSA version would be ideal! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Sent you an E-mail about scoring app for steel.

I am attempting to use the app to score a steel plate match.

Is there any way to set it up for:

5 strings of fire

omit the highest time

total the time for each stage

total time for match.

I can do it with the current app, but i has to score in hit factor at the match level.

the scorer has to manually replace the highest time on the 5th run.

I appreciate any help you can give.

• 4 months later...

Hi Kupsi

I have just got myself the new Samsung Galaxy S.

I downloaded and installed the trial version of the App off the Android Market website. When I started the app and was just about to start setting up a test match, I got a call, so had to shut the app down to attend to the call. When I went back to re-open the app, it said that my trial version had expired. How can it expire if I haven't even used it??

Also, when on the Android Market site, if I try to buy the app, it will not allow me to download or pay for it. Where do I get this app from?

The only reason why I got the Galaxy was so that I can run this app on the range to keep track of scores.

There are 3 other people in our club who are having the same problems. Does this app still exist and are people still using it?

Tried app two weeks back and will again next weekend. Outstanding! But I have some trouble with it. If during scoring my screen rotates all hits input resets to zero.

Hmm. iPad2 has a way of locking out the auto-rotate feature; does Android have a way of turning that off?

Tried app two weeks back and will again next weekend. Outstanding! But I have some trouble with it. If during scoring my screen rotates all hits input resets to zero.

Hmm. iPad2 has a way of locking out the auto-rotate feature; does Android have a way of turning that off?

Yes: Menu>Settings>Display>Auto-Rotate: On/Off

Still trying to figure out how to buy this App in South Africa. The Android Market website won't allow me to and I get no response from email sent to the developer on the email listed on his site.

Can anyone help me? Is this app still available? Does it work? How can I buy it? Does anyone know how to get hold of the developer?

Thanks

Mark

Obvisouly this App no longer exists or is available as there have been no responses to any of my questions here or directly to the developer.

Pity really. I was looking forward to using the App and bought the phone specifically for it.

Guess I'll just have to stick to Angry Birds!

• 1 year later...

There is a new free app out there for USPSA/IPSC scoring, it seems like it'll work, but I'm pretty new to the sport and haven't run the scoring computer before so I don't know what's missing. It's call USPSA/IPSC Scoring.

I ran early beta's of that application. Here's the Google Play page for it: https://play.google....=com.ipsc&hl=en

In the end, Practiscore is the winner because you still need to get the data back into EzWinScore due to this rule:

9.11.1 The scoring program approved by USPSA is the EzWinScore. No other scoring program must be used for any USPSA sanctioned match with-out the prior written approval of the President of USPSA. The most recent version of the scoring program is available from the USPSA website. PDA's or handheld computers may be used for the collection of scoring data for transfer to EzWinScore, provided the program and procedure has been approved by the USPSA President.

As far as I know, only Shoot N' Score It is the the other program that has received USPSA approval* for scoring. PractiScore is currently approved for data collection, but not necessarily for scoring a match. I do trust the results being shown by PractiScore as an accurate reflection of the match, and I feel that eventually it will also get approval with the EzWinScore requirement.

*Shoot N' Score It still needs to import to EzWinScore to make things official.

Edited by Skydiver

• 1 year later...