Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC scoring for Android

Kupsi

Hey that's pretty nifty! :rolleyes: I like it! Is it possible to have it say 1NP or 2NP when the box is yellow, instead of a standard 1 or 2?

1NP and 2NP doesn't fit on one line in the box, but could I use (1) and (2)?

I'm going to bed now. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Edited by Kupsi

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new day, new opportunities...

OK. Here's my thoughts:

1. I need to add a selection box on the stage setup where you can choose scoring method. Comstock would be pre selected, but you can change to Virginia Count or Fixed Time.

2. I need to add a selection box under "Number of paper targets" where you can choose how many hits a target should score. The selection goes from 1 to 8, and 2 is pre selected.

This presupposes that there are the same number of hits that should be scored on all targets in the same stage. Is this correct? And is 8 hits / target enough?

3. I need to change the maximum number of paper targets from 16 to 32.

4. When the scoring is Virginia count, I add two extra boxes under Time and Power factor named "Extra shots" and "Extra hits" where you can enter the penalties. Is it ok to have these penalty boxes / stage, or should it be penalty boxes / target?

5. When the scoring is fixed time, I add two extra boxes under Time and Power factor named "Extra shots" and "Extra hits" where you can enter the penalties. I replace the Time with a box named "Late hits" where you can enter the late hits penalties. Is it only the late hits that are -5 instead of -10, or is also extra shot and extra hit -5?

6. I change the NS to go from 0 - 12, and the same with Proc.

7. I make the time field a litle smaller and add a new button to the right of it. When you click this button you get a new "window" where you can enter "string times" and save. When you click save these string times are added and put in the time field. You can also enter one string time, go back and enter hits, go back and enter a new string time, go back and enter hits, and so on.

A new day, new opportunities...

OK. Here's my thoughts:

1. I need to add a selection box on the stage setup where you can choose scoring method. Comstock would be pre selected, but you can change to Virginia Count or Fixed Time. YES

2. I need to add a selection box under "Number of paper targets" where you can choose how many hits a target should score. The selection goes from 1 to 8, and 2 is pre selected. YES

This presupposes that there are the same number of hits that should be scored on all targets in the same stage. Is this correct? And is 8 hits / target enough? Yes that sounds great, and I think USPSA rules allow "no more than 8 scoring hits per paper target", so that would be perfect also.

3. I need to change the maximum number of paper targets from 16 to 32. YES

4. When the scoring is Virginia count, I add two extra boxes under Time and Power factor named "Extra shots" and "Extra hits" where you can enter the penalties. Is it ok to have these penalty boxes / stage, or should it be penalty boxes / target? YES, per stage would work. When a competitor has "Extra Shots & Extra Hits" they generally only have 2 or 3 per any VC stage. Or like I said yesterday, we could always use the PROC. box on each target to include "Extra Shots & Extra Hits".

5. When the scoring is fixed time, I add two extra boxes under Time and Power factor named "Extra shots" and "Extra hits" where you can enter the penalties. I replace the Time with a box named "Late hits" where you can enter the late hits penalties. Is it only the late hits that are -5 instead of -10, or is also extra shot and extra hit -5? In a FIXED TIME stage "Extra Shots & Extra Hits" are still -10, but late shots are -5. Again, except for the Late Shots, we could just use the PROC. box. Maybe just replace the Time box with a Late Shot box and be done with it?

6. I change the NS to go from 0 - 12, and the same with Proc. YES

7. I make the time field a litle smaller and add a new button to the right of it. When you click this button you get a new "window" where you can enter "string times" and save. When you click save these string times are added and put in the time field. You can also enter one string time, go back and enter hits, go back and enter a new string time, go back and enter hits, and so on. Could you add a drop-down box in the stage setup that gives a choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 strings of fire but defaults to 1? Then add additional TIME boxes in the stage scoring screen when there are more than 1 string of fire?

Kupsi, I can't thank you enough for working on this. I think you really have a winner here. I noticed in the ABOUT MENU this is a "trial version" and expires on August 15, 2010. When this happens will you make this a paid app, and how much will the fee be?

Thanks again!

Edited by Chris Keen

Kupsi, I can't thank you enough for working on this. I think you really have a winner here. I noticed in the ABOUT MENU this is a "trial version" and expires on August 15, 2010. When this happens will you make this a paid app, and how much will the fee be?

I'm hoping to get a little back for the hours spent on this. But in Norway, we're not able to sell apps in the Android Market yet. So I don't know. Either way, you will get a license or two for free.

I'm hoping to get a little back for the hours spent on this. But in Norway, we're not able to sell apps in the Android Market yet. So I don't know. Either way, you will get a license or two for free.

:cheers:

After seeing all the iPhone apps for IPSC scoring, dryfire timers, and long-range ballistics programs .....This app is a thing of beauty! I'm glad to see someone finally taking the time to help out the Android community!

THANKS AGAIN!!!! B)

Just wanted to add my appreciation for your efforts to build a practical application for practical shooting on Android. I've downloaded it onto my motorola and will play with it this week and weekend.

Thanks!

Could you add a drop-down box in the stage setup that gives a choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 strings of fire but defaults to 1? Then add additional TIME boxes in the stage scoring screen when there are more than 1 string of fire?

OK. I'll do it this way :)

But this will take some time, and I'm gone have a vacation from next week. I'll be watching this thread, but I don't think the update will be finished before the end of July :wacko:

Thank you all for your replies :)

Kupsi,

Looks like this app will work well.

Question.

Under Tools "Calculate hitfactor & A time"

Say you hit the "C" button too many times for example you hit "5" and wanted "4" do you need to X the whole string or can you correct/change individual boxes?

Also - I was trying to do a sample test - I can't seem to add "Participants" is there a trick?

Thanks!

Paul

Say you hit the "C" button too many times for example you hit "5" and wanted "4" do you need to X the whole string or can you correct/change individual boxes?

You need to X the whole string.

Also - I was trying to do a sample test - I can't seem to add "Participants" is there a trick?

Go to "Members" from the "Main menu" and add a couple off names, then you can try to "Add participants" to the match again. Let me know if you don't get it to work.

Go to "Members" from the "Main menu" and add a couple off names, then you can try to "Add participants" to the match again. Let me know if you don't get it to work.

It work!

This will be a great app for whenever someone comes out with an "iPad size" Android device. With the right amount of work, I could see this being a great alternative to the Palm scoring.

I wanted to do this a long time ago but I don't know jack about programming unless its PHP :)

I know that to be true for Virginia Count ....... but I'm gonna say I'm 99% positive that it's true for "Fixed Time" also, because Fixed Time stages also incur -10 penalties for extra shots (over and above the number of shots stated in the stage description) and that's why they don't allow steel targets in Virgina Count.

So the short answer is YES. :rolleyes:

No, in USPSA we have gone back to an old rule that dictates "There is no maximum number of no-shoot hits". Or in other words If you shoot them, you earn them. ;)

But I still don't think you need to have an infinite number of no-shoot hits, because you have a box for NS's next to each target. So essentially even if you max out 1 NS box in the scoring program, one could always continue on with the next target's NS box.

I've uploaded the new version. I haven't had much time to testing, so please let me know if you find anything wrong.

PS: The new version requires you to uninstall and reinstall (because of major changes to the database structure).