Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll - which Glock for USPSA Limited Major

ranger

I'm hoping that the 24 is the ticket- since I just bought one. I shot a 22 in Limited to get my "B" card, using factory sights and trigger no less. The biggest issue I found was the exuberant recoil from making Major out of a 4.5" barrel slowed down the second shot on targets. I'm hoping that being able to load lighter, along with the longer sight radius, will help.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but wondering if opinions have changed. I am currenlty using a glock 20 w stock length 40 s&w conversion barrel in limited/10. I have ordered a magwell and mag extension to run in limited. Once Lonewolf has slides and barrels in stock (been waiting forever) I am going to add a tactical length silde (same as 34/35) with a 6" 40 s&w conversion barrel cut to length.

Wondering if anyone has tried anything similar?

I know this is an old thread but wondering if opinions have changed. I am currenlty using a glock 20 w stock length 40 s&w conversion barrel in limited/10. I have ordered a magwell and mag extension to run in limited. Once Lonewolf has slides and barrels in stock (been waiting forever) I am going to add a tactical length silde (same as 34/35) with a 6" 40 s&w conversion barrel cut to length.

I am also running a G20SF w/KKM 10-40 barrel for a few reasons:

- I prefer the large frame grip size, and the extra width reduces felt recoil by distributing the force to a wider surface area.

- The extra slide mass over the G35 also reduces felt recoil (may be a wash as I may lighten the slide at some point).

- The magazines allow you to use OAL's out to 1.26", so I have been able to safely make major using 180gr/WST loads @ 1.20".

- The sight radius with Sevigny Comp's is 7 3/8", which should be at or over the sight radius of a 5" 2011.

About that G20T slide, it's not the same length as the G34/35. The G20T slide uses the G20T barrel, which is 5.15" (G34/35 barrels are 5.3"). I don't see it being worth the money for the extra 1/2" of barrel and sight radius. I also have a 6" G20LS, and I may buy another one depending on how I like the standard slide by next year. The extra 1.4" of barrel and sight radius would be worth it to me, if I could get it lightened an tuned right.

Edited by MEAT

Sounds good to me

• 1 year later...

The Glock 35 is the go-everywhere, do-everything Glock. I vote for the G24 as the best "limited-only."

Look inside the slide on a G34 sometime side-by-side with a 35, and the extra strength in the slide is obvious. The 24 maintains the full-width slide walls (unlike the 17L) making it a really beefy machine.

It's a personal preference thing from there.