Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll - which Glock for USPSA Limited Major

ranger

I am interested in comments from the BE Glock forum on what is the "best" Glock platform to shoot USPSA Limited Major. This is limited to the Glock products - no S_I, Para, etc. votes required. Assuming that this is MAJOR power factor so the 9mm is assumed to be out. Platform must make major under current rules.

Edited by ranger

For me it was the 35. Load for major and shoot limited with a couple of mag extensions and some sights. Then I load some minor for it and shoot production as well. Great all around glock out of the box.

Randy

For if you are going to shoot a glock for limited a 24 is hard to beat.

I do have a couple of issues with them.

1.) It is a bit nose heavy. I have a brass magwell on mine to move the balance point back torwards my hand somewhat.

2.) The slide is a bit heavy for my liking. But it is easy for a good gunsmith to lighten it if you want it lighter.

I used to shoot the G35 in Limited, but currently only use it for Production. I'd say it's the most versatile of all the Glocks, and the G22 equally so if you like the shorter slide. You can do a lot with the 40 S&W caliber. I'd like to try the G24 since I like 6 inch guns so much. I have these fancy 6" STI's (see avatar) but I'm not convinced that I couldn't do as well with the Glock. It's been a while, but I think I'll try the G35 in Limited again to see how I do, just for fun.

I'd like to try the G24 since I like 6 inch guns so much.

i know of one sitting in a safe... :rolleyes:

i have shot a 24 but after shooting a 5" sti and having fun doing so i wouldn't mind trying a 35...

Edited by dr2e

I really like my new 24. This is the exact 24 duplicate that Bob Vogel won Area 5 with. I got it last week. It has a KKM barrel and a magwell on it now.

Who did this gun for you? That is a beautiful gun. What is the finish? Sights? Who did the stipple job?

Edited by Flexmoney

I really like my new 24. This is the exact 24 duplicate that Bob Vogel won Area 5 with. I got it last week. It has a KKM barrel and a magwell on it now.

Who did this gun for you? That is a beautiful gun. What is the finish? Sights? Who did the stipple job?

YES!Nice slide work!

Edited by Flexmoney

You can make Grand Master in Limited with any gun on the list, and be competitive with most.

The 45 loses out due to capacity. 10mm is out for many, due to cost of brass.

The G20, running 40, is the sleeper. Soft shooting gun.

I have always shoot the G35 and love the balance of it. Plus, it is a great Production Division gun as well.

If I were to ever switch, it would be to a G20.

The draw for the G22 is you can buy a police trade in at low cost. If you decide to move to a G35 or G24, then the G22 is a great backup, it's a great loaner, and it certain fills the bill for a personal/home side arm.

Pick one and practice.

Salient Arms did most of this gun. Rob Melhorn is working there and he did the slide work. It has a duracoat finish for now. Will have Ion Bond as soon as mu other one is done. Dawson fiber adjustible rear and .300 front. Taran Butler did the stippling on this frame. When it's said and down they will all have magwell's and KKM barrels also. The triggers in these guns are all done by myself 1lb 13oz pull average.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back to playing with a 24 after a long stint with the 35.

The last time I shot a 24, accuracy was great with the long sight radius, but the gun felt slow to me. This time, I am re-springing it with a 13# and like it thus far.

We'll see in the long run.