Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sgt. Greg Washam

usp45ss

Earlier this week my friend Sgt. Greg Washam of the Shreveport PD suffered a brain hemorrage while at his home. Greg has undergone surgery and is currently in a coma, still listed in critical condition. To all who know Greg, he is one of the nicest guys that you will meet, always willing to help in any way that he can. Over the past few years, he had gotten into 3 gun competition and made the yearly trip to the Larue Tactical 3 gun match. Greg also help run a local concealed carry class for individuals obtaining their CCW permits. Sometimes he would even come out and help SO our local matches until he got called out for work.

At this point, his friends are setting up a website for donations and support for his family. The website is now up and running here: Website

They are also going to run a raffle for the next few weeks for a new DPMS AP4 ar15 rifle. If anyone would like to buy a ticket, they can be bought from my friend's shop for $10 each. Here is the number (318) 222-1831. You can also email him at this address: Email

If you can't donate, I'm sure the family would be grateful for any thoughts and prayers. I'm going to see if we might be able to add a section on the website for people to leave comments.

Greg was lucky enough to get a few pictures taken by Mark Fingar at this years LT3G. If any of you guys had the pleasure of meeting him there, this may jog your memory.

ZZ074515.JPG

ZZ074542.JPG

ZZ074553.JPG

I got the email earlier from Jerome and was floored by this bad news. He and his family will be in our prayers and I hope for a quick recovery!

I'll call mr "no whiners" and get in on the drawing as well as donate to the site

Please keep us updated West.

Sorry to hear of his loss, he seemed like a great guy. Really hits home on Father's Day, especially, when someone of similar age and interets unexpectedly passes away..... makes you really appreciate what you have.

"Carpe diem quam minime credula postero". (Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future)

Horace

Just an update for the raffle. The 500 raffle tickets for the DPMS rifle have been sold, so they will be having the drawing a little sooner than expected. If you wish to send donations, that is more than appreciated. I'll keep this updated for any other benefits/fundraisers for the family that may come up.

The guys who are running the raffle hope to present a big check to the family in the next few days. So far, the amount of support has been huge. Thanks guys.